Sweet but Psycho (Dahlia Hawthorne x Reader)

Your Pov:

Oh, she's sweet but a psycho! A little bit psycho! At night she screamin' "I'm-ma-ma-ma out ma mind"! Oh, she's hot but a psycho! So left but she's right though! At night she screamin' "I'm-ma-ma-ma out ma mind"!

Class was boring as always. My girlfriend Dahlia sat next to me. She passed me a note. It read, 'Pharmacology building?' I wrote under it, 'Yeah. Doug called him to meet up. 2:30.' I passed it back. She read over it and scribbled something down before passing it back to me, 'Ok. I have the meds. I'll put it there. Blame the crybaby.' I took my water bottle and poured a little water on the note to smear the ink and make it unreadable. The bell rang and we grabbed our stuff before leaving. I nodded to her and we split up.

She'll make you curse, but she a blessing. She'll rip your shirt within a second! You'll be coming back, back for seconds! With your plate, you just can't help it!

I stood around the corner watching Phoenix and Doug talk. After a few minutes of Doug trying to convince Phoenix that Dahlia was a thief, Phoenix pushed him and walked away. The electrical cord was hanging within reach. I nodded to Dahlia and she approached Doug, who was still on the ground. A few words were exchanged before Dahlia grabbed the cord and electrocuted him. I heard students coming and alerted her. She dropped the cord and fell to her knees, pretending to cry over Doug's dead body. The students gasped in horror and they helped Dahlia off the ground, trying to comfort her. Then, one of them dialed the cops.

No, no, you'll play along! Let her lead you on, on, on! You'll be saying, "No, no"! Then saying, "Yes, yes, yes 'Cause she messin' with your head!

I headed to a bench far from the scene and waited about 10 minutes before going back. The police were already there. I could see Dahlia being questioned by one of the officers. As I got closer to the scene, I acted surprised. One of the officers spoke to me, "Miss, please stay back. Are you alright?" I kept the act up, faking some trembling, "Y-Yes. I-I just always walk to my literature class this way. That could've been me..." The officer looked at me, "It's alright miss. We have caught the killer. You're safe." I laughed on the inside. They took the bait and got Phoenix. Soon enough, the officer let me go and I headed back to the bench to wait for Dahlia.

These cops are idiots. As I waited, the officers left to investigate something else in the crime and left the body unattended. I slipped on a glove and grabbed a second bottle of Cold Killer X out of my bag. I got Phoenix's fingerprints on this one as well. I quickly went over and switched the bottles. I put the glove and bottle back in my bag. Soon enough, Dahlia came to the bench. I turned to her, "How did it go?" She grinned, "Let's go back to the dorms. We can talk there." I let her drag me back to the dorms. We actually shared a dorm, so talking was easier. She led me into the dorm and shut the door before locking it.

Oh, she's sweet but a psycho! A little bit psycho! At night she screamin' "I'm-ma-ma-ma out ma mind"! Oh, she's hot but a psycho! So left but she's right though! At night she screamin' "I'm-ma-ma-ma out ma mind"!

She grabbed a piece of paper and began writing. After a while she passed it to me. It read, 'Those cops put a cop outside our dorm as protection. They're so stupid. They're eating right out my hand.' I wrote back, 'Here. Look.' I passed it to her and pulled the pill bottle out. She wrote quickly, 'You switched the bottles?' I nodded and wrote back, 'I took the poisoned bottle and replaced it with the non-poisoned one so that they couldn't trace it back to you.' She laughed and wrote down, 'You're too good to me.' I wrote back, 'I know.'

I took the note and poured a little water over it before completely smudging the ink on it. The trial was tomorrow and we were both confident Phoenix would be found guilty. The next day, I sat in the gallery watching Dahlia testify. She already had the judge and prosecutor entranced. The trial went on for a while. The poor defense attorney tried so hard to pin the pills on Dahlia, but she just couldn't. Then, things took a turn for the strange. The blame was then pushed onto one of Phoenix's friends that Doug owed some money to. The court found them guilty.

You're just like me, you're out your mind! I know it's strange, we're both the crazy kind! You're tellin' me that I'm insane! Boy, don't pretend that you don't love the pain!

That day, Dahlia and I walked out of the court with secret smiles on our faces. All three of our crimes were a success. Dahlia may be sweet but psycho, but we're both the same and I love her.