6 Dancing Princesses Pt 5

Your Pov:

I sat in our bedroom, getting ready to go to sleep. Tomorrow was Maya and Pearls birthday. They were born on the same day, but different years. My sisters looked at me, waiting to hear about what happened. I sighed, "He won't listen. He thinks Franziska is helping us." Dahlia spoke, "This can't go on forever." Mia frowned, "Can it?" Iris smiled, "At least tomorrow will be a good day." Maya and Pearls smiled.

Maya spoke, "Will we have cake?" Pearls looked up, "Presents?" They spoke in unison, "A party?" I smiled, "It's your birthday, isn't it?" After that, we headed to bed.

The next morning we got up early, but left Maya and Pearls to sleep. We put two chairs back to back while Mia and Dahlia grabbed their instruments.  Mia had a flute and Dahlia had a harp. Iris and I grabbed the flower petal baskets and approached their beds. I sang, "Today it is your birthday and we sing to let you know, that you will be queen for the day, whatever you say goes." We led them to the chairs and sat them down. Iris and I started to dance around the chairs as we threw some of the petals.

" We spin for you, Maya and chasse for you, Pearls. We pirouette for both, and we bow before the queens." The two of them laughed. We made a two person tunnel with our arms as the two of them ran through, "We sing because we love you and we sing to let you know that you will be queen for the day-" The bedroom door opened and we paused. Franziska walked in, "You're late." I spoke up.

"Your grace, we were celebrating a special birthday." She shook her head, "That's no excuse. Until you learn etiquette, the celebrations will wait." My eyes widened, "But, we were just dancing. Mother made it a family tradition." She shrugged dismissively, "Hmm. And sadly, your mother is not here anymore, is she? And I am responsible for your upbringing. So dancing is forbidden strictly forbidden, and please, don't sing. It's out, too." Pearls frowned, "But it's our birthday." Franziska scoffed.

" A princess does not talk back. No dancing until you know how to act like royalty."

After a long day, we were finally back in our room. We hadn't seen father all day. Pearls looked sad, "Where's Papa? He's never forgotten our birthday." Mia smiled at her, "We still have a present for you." She was holding her copy of The Dancing Princess and had Maya's copy under her arm. I held Pearls's copy, "When we turned 5, Mother gave each of us a copy of her favorite story." I handed it to Pearls.

Mia spoke up, "She had one made for each daughter." She gestured to the flowers depicted on each book. Everyone crowded around the bed while Maya and Pearls sat on the bed next to me. Pearls opened the book, "The Dancing Princess." I read to them for a while, "...So the princess danced on each of the special stones. Then, on the 6th one, she twirled 3 times. And a secret door opened." Maya looked at me, "Where did it go?"

I smiled, "She walked through a glowing light into a magic land. With trees of silver and gold! Flowers made of jewels. Across the lake was a golden pavilion. The princess danced and danced to her heart's content. She wanted to stay forever, but that was not to be. The magic land vanished after the 3rd night. The princess was heartbroken, until she realized she brought some magic back with her. And it was hers to keep forever."

Pearls looked up at me, "What kind of magic?" Maya spoke up, "How did she do it?" I smiled and shrugged, "Hmm. It doesn't say." Everyone started heading to their beds. Pearls tripped and her book slid across the floor. I walked over and helped her up. It was then that I noticed the flower on the stone matched the flower on her book, "Girls, quick. See if you can match the flower on your book to the flower on a stone." They all put on their dancing shoes, grabbed their books, and started looking.

Dahlia spoke up first, "I found a match." Iris called out, "Me too!" Maya spoke, "Here's mine!" Mia stood in front of her stone, "What does it mean?" I then remembered the book, "I have a feeling...Oh, the story says the princess danced from stone to stone." I danced from stone to stone, but nothing happened. I tilted my head, "Hmm, maybe a different order. Oldest to youngest! Where's yours, Mia?" She pointed to hers.

I danced on to it. It glowed. I began to follow the others and dance across their stones, "Dahlia, Iris, Me, Maya, and Pearls." I stepped onto Pearls stone, but nothing happened. Pearls spoke, "Why didn't mine work?" I smiled, "I forgot something. The princess twirled 3 times." I twirled 3 times and the floor began to glow. We backed away from it. Once it was fully open, platforms resembling stairs appeared followed by a golden railing.

I took the first step in and gripped the rail, "Who's coming with me?"