Lyrical Comedy Pt 3

Your Pov:

I was sitting at my desk waiting for the next case file to come in. As I waited, I decided to play on my phone. Then, I got a text from Edgeworth. I opened it. It said:

Remember all the things we wanted?

I texted back:

What do you mean? What things?

After a few minutes, he texted back.

Now all our memories, they're haunted...

He wasn't making any sense. It was starting to worry me. I sent back:

Are you alright? None of our memories are that bad. You're starting to worry me.

I waited for a text back and when I got the reply, I almost wished that I hadn't. It read:

We were always meant to say goodbye.

I felt faint. I dialed his number and it rang twice before going to voicemail. I was panicking and texted him.

Are you breaking up with me? Was there something I did wrong? Please tell me.

I was freaking out. I excused myself to the bathroom and sat in the stall waiting for his reply. After five minutes of waiting he texted back.

It never would have worked out right. We were never meant for do or die.

I tried calling him again, but he declined the call again. I felt hot tears burning behind my eyes. I really loved him, and him breaking up with me over text would kill me inside. I texted him again.

I can fix it! Whatever I did, I'll make it better! I promise!

I began to bite my fingernails as I nervously waited for a text back. I jumped when my phone beeped.

 I want you to know, you couldn't have loved me better. But I want you to move on.

Now, a couple of tears had ran down my face. I tried calling him again, but to no avail. This time, the phone rang and rang until it went to voicemail. I quickly typed out another message.

Why do you want me to move on? I love you. Do you not love me anymore?

I grabbed some toilet paper and cleaned the tears off my face. My make up stained the tissue and I came to the realization that my makeup was running. My phone beeped.

"Perfect" couldn't keep this love alive.

With that, my phone clattered on the ground. I covered my mouth with my hand as silent tears ran down my face. As I sat silently, my phone began to ring. I picked it up and looked at the caller id. It was Edgeworth. I declined it and texted him instead.

I'll be over to pack my things then.

I left work and headed to his house. When I got there, I headed inside. At first there was silence, then, I heard Edgeworth talking. I walked further in and found him sitting in front of the camera. He spoke, "It was a success, but now I feel terrible." I was furious. This whole thing was a prank?! I leaned against the door frame and spoke, "You should feel terrible."

He looked at me, "I apologize for making you cry and such, but I did tell you that I would get my revenge." I stood straight, "Fine. Watch yourself then." He nervously did an outro and turned off the camera. He turned to me, "I love you?" I chuckled.

"I love you too."