•|5|•

Lauren Monique

I tossed and turned all night, waking up from nightmares about my past. My phone lit up, I took it off the charger and checked it.

Elijah
I'm at your door

Lauren
Use the key that's tucked into the doorbell, I'm upstairs.
Read 8:15am

I laid in bed trying to get comfortable but I couldn't. My feet were aching and so was my back. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I tried to fall back asleep.

Footsteps approached my bedroom door, I ignored it continuing to cry silently.

"Are you okay, Lauren?" I heard Eli's cool calming voice

"My back hurts, sweat dripping from my forehead like I've been running all my got damn life and look!" I pause showing my feet. "My feet looks like overly stuffed brown cinnamon poptarts! So no I'm not okay!" I yelled feeling angry.

My mood swings are on ten this morning.

Eli stood their in the doorway staring at me blankly then left. Great, I just pissed him off.

I sighed getting up and going into the bathroom since my baby thinks it's fun rolling all over my blatter.

When I came back my phone looked like it was having a seizure. My bestfriend Messiah was sending me messages left to right.

Babyface
Good morning babe!

Babyface
Get yo egg shape head up na!

Babyface
BABY! Call me!

Babyface
Ight Lauren, this lowkey important so call me

I'm really not in the mood for him and his bullshit today. I laid on my left side away from the bedroom door and FaceTime this dimwit.

"Hey babymomma" he greets me

"Wassup" I blankly answered

"Fix yo damn attitude hoe! You ain't seen my sexy face in how long? You should be grateful I'm willing to speak to you. I got hoes lined up waiting to have a conversation with me and you taking it for granted."

This nigga play all day.

"I'm not in the mood right now Siah, what's so important you blew up my phone?"

"Ight" he sighs biting his lips nervously. "You know I love you right? Like if you were to shit on yourself and needed somebody to clean you up I'd be there with some extra soft tissue to wipe yo dirty funky shitty ass and-"

"Messiah, stop stalling!"

"Okay, I was watching the news like always and they talked about Tray being released from jail around nine fifty today. I just wanted to let you know before it's too late."

It's 8:15 am !

My heart skipped a beat and it got hard for me to breathe.

"Shit" Messiah cursed himself "I didn't mean to upset you babe."

"How? It's too early for him to be out. He wasn't supposed to get out until after I had our baby. I don't have anywhere to go Messiah!" I cried