•|45|•

Lauren Monique

"Go put your shoes on, hurry before your Dad gets up" I whisper glancing at Delilah who's on Elijah's sleeping body

Delilah places a light kiss on his nose then rolls off him and the bed. Crawling out the room she got up and ran off whispering Mary's name.

Shaking my head at her actions I unplugged my phone and tucked it away in my snack bag along with my charger and headphones.

"And where do you think your going?" a groggy raspy asks

Sexy as fuck

"IHOP, I'm meeting the lady who is handling Delilah's case. I'm supposed to be signing a few papers to become Delilah's legal guardian"

"Okay, tell me how it goes" he nods going into the bathroom "Princess!"

Within seconds Delilah runs into the bathroom giggling.

"Why are your toys in my bath tub?" Elijah questions

"Mama said-"

"Aht aht, I didn't say anything" I scoff going downstairs.

Alex needs to stop teaching my baby how to lie

***
"So your telling me Unique can possibly get custody of Delilah?" I scrunched up my face in confusion

"I'm saying it's better if you adopted her instead"

"How would I get Unique to sign over her rights?"

"She already did, to your parents"

I sat there staring blankly at the woman before me, she shifted under my gaze uncomfortably.

This bitch handed off her kid to people who don't give a shit about anyone but themselves. Those people didn't even make a police report when Tray took Delilah but then again why would they? They gave her up willingly.

I will make them regret that if that's the last thing I do.

"After I get them to sign, what's next?" I ask after a few silent minutes of me staring her down

Sara from child services, explains the process of the adoption.

Taking it all in I nod eating my stuffed french toast.

"Mama" Delilah taps my arm, taking the headphones off her head "gotta go potty"

"Excuse us for a minute" I take Delilah hand in mind and slide out of the booth before going into the restroom

"Gotta go potty!" she whimpers doing her potty dance

"I know, I need to layer the toilet with tissue first" I told her while putting tissue all over the toilet "alright come on"

"Wet" she starts crying as she looks down at her pants "I sowwy! Sowwy!"

"Aw baby, it's okay. Don't cry" I leaned down to hug her "It happens something's"

"Mama mad?" She asks still looking  down

"Of course not, I could never be mad at you" kissing her head I wiped her tears away, taking my jacket off I put it over her clothes to cover her messy shirt and wet pants "come on"