•|127|•

Sit back and ride the wave, tea is spilled and the healing process begins. I swear.

Lauren Monique

"Lauren?"

Snuggling deepening into their chest I hummed out a response.

"Get up before someone comes in"

Rubbing the sleep from my eyes I sat up looking over at Matt, moving from laying across his body. I got a hair tie from my nightstand and pinned my hair up.

Watching him put his clothes back on I tied my robe closed feeling the cold air brush against my body.

"Say something" Matt grunts as I watch his back muscles flex as he fix's his shirt, when I didn't answer he turned to look at me. "Lauren?"

"Hmm?" I hum moving my eyes to met his

"What are you thinking about?"

"Last night was the first time in a few days that I've been able to sleep without thinking about more ways my life can unravel"

"So you just used me as an distraction?" nodding to himself he gather all his belongings and headed to the door. "nice to know my feelings are only one sided"

"Wait no that's not what I meant Matt, come here" reaching I grabbed his hand pulling him back to me, staring down at me unpleased he a crossed his arms over his chest. "I felt safe in your arms and I'm thankful to have met you but I don't feel the same way you do on that kind of level but I do feel for you. And no I'm not just saying that because of last night or what Remo said"

"So what did last night mean to you because that meant everything to me, I know all we did was kiss and sleep together but that meant a lot coming from you. I've been in love—"

"Matt" stopping him I shook my head not wanting to hear it. "don't"

"No you need to know, I love you truly. I can feel it in every faber in my bones, I've watched you build yourself up just to be broken down by the boss for too long. You deserve better and can have better but we both know you won't leave him" pressing a kiss to my forehead he runs a hand down the side of his face. "let me get a day or two to pack all my stuff before you tell him, I know it's going to tear you up to keep this from him and I also know he'll move heavens and earth to kill me"

Taking his face in my hands I tilted it so I could see his face clearly.

"You are not going to die, I won't let him kill you and I don't want you to leave because of me. That'll put your family in danger, you're not working here by choice Matt. You're paying for your fathers debt"

"So I'm just supposed to sit here like a sitting duck and wait to be killed?!"

"I'll fix it, you're not loosing your life. It was my fault, I seduced you" well I think I did

"No you—"

"Matt just let me take the fall for it, you were innocent. I took my issues and guilt tripped you into getting in bed with me"

"Lauren" he mutters closing his eyes tossing his head back. "you can't lie to save your own life, do you really think he's going to believe that?"

"I'll think of something but for now just keep doing your job, don't go on the run. He'll for sure hunt you down and kill you in the most gruesome way"

"That's comforting" scoffing he pushed me away lightly going out the door closing it behind himself

Face palming myself I grabbed some clothes and went into the bathroom, doing a doubt take in the mirror I cursed underneath my breath noticing all the hickeys on my neck and chest.