•|108|•

Lauren Monique

Munching on my sub I texted Quincy a few pictures of Squirt.

I called Elijah twice but got no answer, I called Alex knowing I'd have better luck asking him about Elijah knowing he most likely ditched Vivian when they landed.

"Bella?" Alex questions lowly when the call connected

"Hey Alex, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm kind of tired right now. Is something wrong?"

"Why does something have to me be wrong" frowning I chugged down my water

"You never called me before, so spill it. What's wrong?"

"Nothings wrong, I just wanted to know if Elijah is with you"

"He was about an hour ago, he didn't tell me where he was going though. I'm actually at his moms house right now, she made me brownies"

"Bye Alex" hanging up I tried calling Elijah again when I was met with his voicemail I hung up sitting phone on my lap. "Squirt your dad is ghosting me"

In his baby language Squirt responds waving his arms in the air with his fist balled up.

"I know right" scoffing I shook my head "I mean I know he's grieving and all but still, he should still answer my calls or at least send me a text letting me know he's ok"

"Lauren" Geovani says catching my attention

"Huh?"

"The Boss is at one of his warehouses"

"How do you know?" squinting I unbuckled my seatbelt, then doing the same to Squirt's carrier.

"A few buddies of mine work in the warehouses, one of them just sent me a message asking why I didn't tell them he was coming"

"Did they say how he looked? Was he crying or angry?"

"He looks like he always do" shrugging Geovani showed me the messages between him and his friend

"Tell your friend to tell Elijah to call me"

"That could get him into trouble"

"Then you call him, I'm sure Elijah told you to keep him updated on me and the kids"

". . .I don't know what you're talking about" getting out the car Geovani went into the gym checking it before coming out and telling me I could go in

"Can you get the stroller part from the trunk?" opening my door I got out holding Squirt heavy ass carrier.

"Is it necessary? We'll only be here for a few minutes"

"Look around Geo, we're in a shopping area I need to get a few things"

"I should've asked Matt to be your driver for the day" groaning he went to the back of the car mumbling. "I know he would've loved to spend the whole day with you"

"Why do you say it like it's a bad thing? Don't act like you don't like hanging with me, little shit" following him I nudged his side connecting the carrier to the stroller

"Don't worry about, it's not a bad thing" scratching the back of his head he gestured towards the building. "I do like hanging with you but today Sienna wants me to take her to the aquarium"

"Oh well I won't take long then, y'all are really cute together you know? I feel like you're good for her, you got her to actually take interest in learning English"

"We aren't dating" chuckling nervously he opened the gyms door for me. "we're just friends"

"Sure whatever you say just don't hurt her, or let Elijah know about you to. The Gods know he'll lose his shit if he finds out"

"And I'd lose my job along with my life" nodding with he sigh he followed behind me into the building.

"Yeah that too, here watch him for a minute. I'll be back" moving quickly I left Geovani with Squirt

Speed walking towards Elijah's office I fiddled with the keys in my hands, smiling to myself I unlocked and opened the door.

Raiding his mini fridge I drunk two bottle of apple juice and ate three packs of fruit snacks.

"This is good"

After my snack break I closed and locked the door going back to my baby who is now crying.

"Come here mamas baby, what's the matter? uncle Geovani ain't shit? Yeah I know" taking him from Geo I wiped his tears away kissing his cheek. "it's ok, Squirt"

"I really should've let Matt take my place" sighing loudly Geovani walked away taking out his phone

Squirt pulled my hair whimpering with teary eyes, kissing his pouted lips I checked the gym and counted the weights.

Elijah always does that saying people do stupid things like taking them and I didn't doubt him for a second some jackass took my engine from my truck once.

"Excuse me, miss? You can't have a baby in here" a young lady flashes me a fake smile gesturing to the door

"That rule doesn't apply to me hon, I'm Elijah's lady and even if I wasn't you sure as hell couldn't kick me out" giving her the same fake smile I walked around her to the reception desk.

Checking the call log and how many people signed up for a gym membership.

"You can't be behind here, ma'am you need to leave!" she stood in front of me blocking my view of the desk

"Babygirl I will cave your forehead in with my baby in my arms, I just told you I'm Elijah's girlfriend get out my face" side stepping her I adjusted Amir in my arms.

"I don't believe you, call him"

"Nah I don't have to prove anything to you, look around you are the only person that's minding my business. Everyone that works here knows who I am so fall in line and stay in your lane and not mines"

"Lauren, he's calling" Geovani buds in holding up his phone

"Alright I'm coming" giving the girl a once over I went over to Geovani. "next time I come here don't get in my way, thanks"

Taking the phone from Geo I muttered out a hello and was greeted with silence.

Putting Squirt back in his stroller I pushed him out the building across the street to the bakery.

That's odd to have a gym across the street from a bakery. Kinda dumb people are going to gain the weight back that they just lost.

"Papa, I just left the gym. It looks good and everything is accounted for"

". . .Okay" he mumbles lowly

"Pops came and got Delilah earlier, she made me promise to tell she loves you and wants to want a princess movie with you when you get back"

"Let her know I love her more and we can watch anything she wants"

"I will, what have you been doing since you got there?"

"Looking for the person who killed Angelo, Alik thinks it was a dirty cop"

"Be careful Papa, if you're right and they find out that you know they could do the same thing to you or put more charges to your case"

"I know, I have to go now. Alik found something. I love you Babe, always" sighing Elijah sniffles lowly

No doubt he's crying right now

"I love you too, keep your head up Papa. You don't want your crown falling off"

🚨Almost finished with this book 🚨

Tiana and Remo book is called Solitude and will be out when this book ends!