•|62|•

Lauren Monique

|7:15pm|

"Get dressed" Elijah says pulling the covers off me, smacking my butt

"Go away, you dumb Dingleberry" I groan trying to find the covers with my eyes closed

"Babe, get up! I'm trying to make things right with us" he mutters pulling me out of bed, opening my eyes I gave him a once over noticing his clothing attire "please get dressed"

"How much time do I have?" I ask giving in, pushing my hair out of my face.

I'm sure I have bed hair right now, I didn't tie my hair up before I went to sleep.

"Thirty minutes" he pressed a kiss to my forehead before he touched my hair "would you like me to brush out the knots?"

Nodding I sat on the edge of the bed as he grabbed a bush,

"Go bottom to top" I mumble sleepily

"I know, this isn't my first time brushing your hair"

Leaning my head against his stomach I fell in and out sleep. Every time my head leaned to the side, I'd pick it up in time before I would fall off the bed.

"I'm done, what do you want to do with it?" Elijah says taking my face in his hand

"Straighten it with the flat iron brush thingy" getting up I got dressed then slid on a robe so Elijah wouldn't see my outfit yet

"Really?" he raises a eyebrow as he ran the brush flat iron thingy through my hair

"We both know how easily distracted you get when I wear certain clothing"

***

"Stop staring and take the picture" I groan as Elijah stared me down "my hair is starting to frizz out here"

"Sorry" he murmurs taking the picture

"You look beautiful Babe" Elijah smiles kissing my check as we made our way into the restaurant "your butt looks nice as well"

"Thanks, Papa" I nod fighting back a smile

When we got seated I glanced around noticing we were in a semi fancy restaurant, raising an eyebrow at Elijah he smiles softly blushing.

"I thought about going all out and taking you to a high class restaurant but I know you don't like those so I picked this place" he explains

"I like it, it's nice"

We talked a bit until a waiter came and took our orders, then somehow Elijah got a hold of my hand interlocking our hands together.

"Enjoy" the waitress smiles putting out food on the table

"Babe?" Elijah asks

"Hm?" I hum stuffing my mouth, realizing I was eating like a man I stopped "oh sorry"

"No it's not that, I was just wondering who should I ask for your hand in marriage" his blush deepens as he looks away

"Bakari" I chuckle at his shyness "you're serious about this marriage thing aren't you?"

"Yes, I'm serious about spending the rest of my life with you" he nods looking at me

"You sure you can handle me for that long?" I smirk wiggling my eyebrows

"I'm positive" he laughs

The rest of dinner went by smoothly, when we left it was a little bit past eight and he took me to a drive in movie theater.

Elijah parked facing away from the screen, tell me to go to the truck.

We took the G wagon today, opening the truck I looked up at him with a smile seeing blankets and pillows laid out with my favorite snacks in the center.

"This is so cute" I exclaim hugging him tightly before kissing him deeply

"I'm glad you like it" he chuckles lifting me up, sitting in the trunk he took off my heels "we're watching The Longshots"

One of my favorite movies

"Elijah?" I question as he lays down beside me, he glances up at me "I love you"

"I—Lauren what?" he questions in shock

"I said I love you" laughing I leaned over kissing his slightly opened mouth

"I—I love you too" he smiles pulling me on top of him, covering my face with kisses "I've been waiting so long to hear you say those three words, I can't believe you just said it"