•|129|•

Lauren Monique

Walking up to the front door I stopped when I heard screams of pain and cries of agony.

Opening the door slowly I walked in going to the noises, taking out the gun I had in my handbag. Aiming it at the kitchen.

"Oh good your home" Elijah smiles gesturing for me to come closer. "if you aren't going to use it, put it away Babe"

"Eli" I mutter aiming at his foot. "put yours down first, he's already hurt"

"So am I, what makes him special? Tell me do you love him?" he questions kicking Matt's foot lazily

"I love you" inching closer I got a good look at Matt, his right eye is completely swollen and black, his lips were bleeding and so was his ears.

Why didn't he just go?

"That's not answering my question. Look at me!" shooting him twice in the leg Elijah shouts. "and put the fucking gun down, you aren't going to use it on me"

"No, I don't love him" shaking my head so lowered my weapon, getting in his line of shot. "It was a mistake, and I should've known better"

"So when I kill him it won't effect you?" grabbing my arm he pulls me towards him and shot Matt again in the lower abdomen.

"Elijah please stop" trying to take his gun away he chuckles grabbing ahold of both my wrist holding them together and shoots Matt two more times. "Elijah please! It wasn't his fault it was mines! Be mad at me, hit me! Just please stop, he doesn't deserve to die"

Pleading and struggling to pull my hands from Elijah I cried watching blood spill out of Matt's body. It wasn't supposed to end like this.

"Matt! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!"

"What the fuck are you sorry for?" Laughing Elijah shot him again in the chest. "well he can't forgive you now"

Letting me go he walked away, running to get towels I came back to Matt trying to stop the bleeding.

Benjamin crawled out from under the dinning room table with tears rolling down his face, helping me he applied pressure to the wounds.

"Mr.Eli came home so angry I got scared and didn't know where to hide, I thought he'd come after me too" he murmurs lowly

"Call an ambulance" sniffing I held Matt's head in my lap. "Why didn't you run away?"

"Lauren!" Elijah yells from upstairs. "Babe come here!"

"I'm sorry Matt" resting his head on a towel I got up and went to Elijah.

Finding him in our bedroom he smiles and gestures me over to him, doing so I looked down at my hands covered in Matt's blood.

"What's the matter?" he questions putting his hands on my hips

"You said you weren't mad" is the only thing I could come up with, as stupid as it was I couldn't bring myself to actually talk about Matt knowing he's bleeding out if not already dead. He didn't deserve this.

"I'm not" tapping my hips he got up and went into to the closet. "I'm piss the fuck off is what I am, you really slept with him and thought I'd just let it go?"

"No"

"Why did you suggest that I should hit you instead of killing him? Did you really think I'd take that option? I'm not a woman beater Lauren, I thought you knew me better than that"

"You're right, I just-I just really didn't want you to kill him. He has a family that's waiting for him to come home and he deserved to return to them"