•|21|•

Lauren Monique

I left my niece asleep upstairs in my bed as I got out the cleaning supplies.

The doorbell went off, jogging to it I stopped midway and fixed my shirt.

"Alright so what's up?" Quincy asked soon as I opened the door, following behind him was everybody that was at the dinner

"Why did you go ghost on us like that? Two months without answering our calls or text, that's foul" Ace said

"I'm the one who should be feeling some type of way" cleaning the spot on the floor my water broke in I sighed heavily

"Tell us what's up" Tony said

"Tray came to me one night telling me to move in with him, I told him no then tased him. He left me alone for a while then he started texting me asking me to do something for him, I ignored him-"

"Get to the point" Ace mumbled

"Few days later I'm at Elijah's house and his dad almost pushed me down a flight of stairs. I got so upset I ended pushing him down the stairs instead. Elijah took his fathers side, kicked me out just as his new girl came. When I got home Tray was here back on the same shit but this time he mentioned he had something I'd want which he did, my niece"

"Where's she now?" Tony asked

"Upstairs sleeping"

"And Isaiah?" Ace asked

I sighed closing my eyes, trying to hold back my tears I went into the kitchen to control my feelings.

After a few minutes I came back into the living room, everyone sat in silence looking at me confused.

"I called you numerous times Eli" I said to Elijah "I wish you would've answered. My water broke and the pain was coming down so bad I could hardly breathe, I blacked out while trying to call Pops. Next thing I know I'm in the hospital—his heart beat dropped each time I tried to push him out, the doctors wanted to do an emergency c-section but it was too late"

I gave birth to a stillborn

Loud crying came from upstairs, jogging to my room I got baby out the bed and brought her in the living room.

"This is my niece, Delilah" moving her hand from her face I showed her to them "she's one years old"

"You have a sister?" Alexander asked

"A twin sister" I nod "I never spoke of her because she wasn't someone worth knowing" Quincy and the guys agreed silently

"Why?" Elijah asked

"She's the reason my parents mistreated me, she also bullied me in school and around our house. I went to sleep without eating because of her—I left her in the past for a reason"

"Mama" Delilah smiles poking my face

"No, I'm Monique. Mamas gone"

"Mama?" she questioned

"No" I shook my head wiping my fallen tears "Monique"

"Moe?" she frowned as if she was thinking

"Yeah" I nod chuckling, it's close enough

Is it wrong to wish it was Isaiah in my arms instead of Delilah?

"Where's Unique now? She isn't just going to let you keep her child" Tony brought up my sister again

"I was told she ran off with her baby daddy, she left Delilah with our parents and they gave her up willingly to Tray"

"What the fuck?"

"I'm going to my parents house tomorrow, I need answers" by now Delilah fell asleep holding my right thumb "I'm sorry for leaving without telling you guys anything but it was truly a rough time for me and I needed to get away"

"Pops knew about all of this?" Quincy scoffed

"No, he was there for the birth and after that I told him I wanted to be alone. The next day I left and started working to escape the pain"

"I don't agree with what you did after what happened but I understand" Quincy came over and gave me a side hug kissing my cheek

"Thanks bro" I smiled faintly "you guys should've seen him, he looked just like me. His skin was the same shade as mines and I could tell he had a dimples"

God took my soldier and sent me a princess. Everything happens for a reason, this could be a blessing in disguised

Admiring Delilah I couldn't help but to get emotional.

"Call me if you need anything, I gotta head out. I gotta get Tj from Messiah house"

"Okay" I nodded

"We heading out too" Tony, Ace and Montana stood up stretching "Q is our ride home"

"Say the word and I'll fuck him up right now" Montana said glancing at me then Elijah

"It's fine Tana, go home"

"I told you if he fuck up, that was his ass"

"It's okay" I sighed leaning back on the couch "it's okay"

It's just Alexander and Elijah now. Laying Delilah on top of a blanket I finished cleaning the floor then put away everything I used.

"I'm truly sorry Bella, I was on a plane to Italy when you called"

"It's not your fault, I should've called the ambulance instead of—it's getting late, you guys should go"

Nodding his head Alexander left without another word, Elijah in the other hand stayed.

"Leave" I told him turning the kitchen lights off leaving the light about the stove on "casino girl is probably waiting for you"

"I'm one of the biggest Mafia leaders in Italy, people were traveling here just to get to me and when word got out that I started dating you. You became a target, I tried to push you away in hopes they'd leave you alone and they did. I never meant to stress you out so bad" Elijah rushed out talking with his hands

"I already knew, why do you think I never questioned the body guards or asked where you got all your money from? I knew it wasn't from owning the gym"

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"It wasn't my place, I knew you'd tell me when you were ready"

"Can we start over? I will be a better boyfriend than before, I won't ever put you through that again"

"No" I shook my head looking at the floor "I don't want to date"

"Then I'll wait until you're ready" he kissed my head then left closing the door behind him

Lord help me, I'm begging you