•|120|•

Lauren Monique

"Lauren!"

Rolling out of bed I fell onto the floor, getting up quickly I ran across the hall to Elijah.

"What? What's wrong?" my widen eyes look at every inch of his face trying to detect pain or discomfort.

"Can you stay with me?" reaching for my arm, he looks at me with pleading eyes. "I don't want to be alone again"

"Eli—I almost had a heart attack from you scare you just gave me" climbing into bed with him I leaned again the headboard not daring to lay down.

If he has another nightmare I want to be awake and ready to defend myself, dying isn't an option

Laying his head on my lap he wrapped his arms around my torso.

"I've missed you" he mutters softly

"I missed you too" hesitantly I laid my hand on his back, flinching he tensed at my touch. "sorry"

"Don't be, I should know the touch of my lady. I'm sorry"

"You shouldn't be upset with yourself, you've been through something traumatizing if the roles were flipped I'd be the same way. I'll tell you when I'm going to touch you, hopefully that'll ease your mind a little"

Nodding he tightens his hold.

"Thank you"

After a while he fell asleep, drooling on my leg tightening his arms every once and a while.

I stayed awake staring at him, an hour of just staring I looked away. Scooting from under him I went back across the hall.

The sun is coming up

Taking my phone out I called Vivian.

"This better be good, I'm in the middle of watching love and hip hop. You know these bitches lowkey piss me off every episode but I can't bring myself to change the channel" she huffs into the phone when the call connected

"Sometimes I think your a black mom, you act nothing like the other caucasian moms I've encountered"

"Mm maybe because I'm not fully white, have you thought about that jackass? My great grandmother is black, my mom is mixed but you can't tell by looking at her. That bitch is ghostly white with blonde hair" chuckling she continues. "anyways what the hell you call me for?"

"It's about Elijah, he's been in tortured for a days at a time and I just got him home but he's been acting off kinda. He has cuts and bruises all over him, he's been asking for someone named Isabella and he choked me"

"Choked you? What did you do after that?" Vivian questions seeming genuinely curious. "did you punch him? I'd beat the hell out of somebody for doing that shit"

"Vivian be serious, this is your child we're talking about. I'm not sure what to do"

"You're a big girl Lauren, you'll figure it out"

"I called you for advice dickhead"

"You've got two options; put him in a hospital until he gets himself together or help him from home and see if therapy is something you think that'll help. In my opinion therapy doesn't do shit but give the therapist tea on you but hey nobody cares for my opinion"

"I literally called for your opinion" rubbing my temples I leaned against the door of the guest bedroom

"Oh, well um call me when I'm not high off weed cookies. Tell Bakari to send me more and brownies too— If you need me to come back I can. Give Elijah my love, my show is back on" laughing she hung up abruptly