•|130|•

Lauren Monique

"Babe?" nudging my shoulder he calls my name again. "Babe"

"What?"

"His diaper is full"

"Then change him"

"I tried but he bit me again"

"Elijah if I get up ima punch you, that boy is two months old go change him. I know damn well you ain't scared of your son"

"I refuse to be bullied in my own home, get your son Lauren"

"Oh so now he's just mine?" sitting up I changed his diaper then tossed it at Elijah. "since he's just mines don't talk to us"

"Hi Amir" he responds wrapping his arms around me my waist. Laying his head on my arm he flicked Squirts feet.

"Jackass"

"Give me a kiss"

"Go to hell" getting comfortable I drifted back to sleep, I could feel Squirt trying to suck on my chest. "wake me up when you're about to go to sleep"

"Why?"

". . . I want to be up in case something happens"

"You think I'm going to hurt you or the kids?" I could hear the hurt roll off his tongue as he pulls away getting out of bed.

"Where are you going?"

"To sleep on the couch, I can't hurt anyone there so don't worry. You can go back to sleep"

"Why are you acting like this? I just want to be up in case you needed me, it's not a crime to be worried about someone you love" following him I took the pillow he had. "can you just let me help?"

"How can you help me? You can take the dreams away or the torture"

"Andre's still here"

"What?" he questions closing his fist

"I've been starving and beating him just like he had his men do to you, he's still here. Income cases when the victi— Survivor conference their abuser it helps them get closer. Sage wanted me to do that a while back with my family but they're dead so that's off the table for me but your abuser is still breathing. Is that something you would like to try?"

"Andre may have been the one to hold me there but he wasn't the one doing the beatings, Diego was. Talking to Andre isn't going to help anything"

Nodding I went back into the room and got my phone. Texting Alex, I told him to get Diego and everyone else they could catch.

"What are you doing?"

"Texting Alex, would it be wrong if I asked you to get a DNA test for Isabella's kid? I know you don't believe she's yours but it's been weighing heavy on my head"

"If it'll make you happy" nodding he took the pillow back doing downstairs. "don't come bothering me either"

"I'm going to do it regardless" getting back into be I muttered. "jackass"

"I heard that!" He shouts

"Stop listening so hard"

Hearing nails come in contact with the wood floors in the hall I looked at the doorway knowing Tatum was about to come.

Sure enough, he comes in, Delilah soon follows shortly after with her Bobo in her shirt.

"Dad—Mama he leave me?" Delilah yawns ribbing her eyes. "him promise"

"He's downstairs Dee, he didn't leave"

"Oh okay" she walked out then came back in, coming around the bed she climbed up and gave me a hug. "Love you"