•|104|•

Elijah Ricci

Helping Lauren onto the couch I grabbed Squirt out of his baby carrier then handed him off to my mother who quickly retreated across the house to show Tiana, Sienna and Delilah.

I haven't said a word since I found out about Angelo, I cried that night for hours in Lauren's arms over his death. That was three days ago.

He was one of my best friends.

Alessandro called and informed me that Alik had got the police to back off until I was able to get Lauren and our son out of the hospital now it's time for me to start packing.

"Elijah?" Lauren waves her hand in my face, pulling me out of my thoughts. "you don't have to talk but I do want you to sit with me"

Nodding I sat beside her, leaning my head onto her shoulder.

"Whenever you're ready to talk about, I'll listen" she whispers grabbing my hand interlocking our fingers. "even though he talked shit about me since the very first time we met and wanted you to kill me, I'm sorry about what happened to him. I can't imagine the pain you're feeling. So I'll sit here with you as long as you need, you know—for support?"

Squeezing her hand in response, it wasn't long before my mother comes walking in with Squirt hollering in her arms.

"He started off whimpering when I left with him, once everyone had a turn holding him he burst into tears" she frowns giving him to Lauren

Squirt stops crying immediately once he saw Lauren's face, grabbing his hand I shook it gaining his attention. He wrapped his fingers around it before squeezing it slightly.

"My baby just missed his Mama" Lauren chuckles

"He's suppose to love me more" my mother huffs glancing at me. "what's wrong with you?"

"Read your messages woman, it's like you have a phone for nothing" Lauren mutters

"Shut the hell up, I've been busy with Sienna and Delilah. I haven't had time to myself since you went to the hospital"

"Toughen up"

"Nonna? I wanna go play outside!" Delilah shouts sliding down the stairs on her belly. "Hi Mama, Hi Dada. I missed you"

"Hey babygirl, we missed you too" waving Lauren nudged my side "wave at her or she'll think you're ignoring her"

Waving I kissed her cheek when she climbed onto my lap.

"I wanna hold baby blue" she giggles tugging on the blanket wrapped around Squirts body.

"Don't let her drop my baby, Elijah" Lauren grumbles lowly giving me the eye, she lays him in Delilah's arms then got off the couch. "I'll be back"

Nodding I helped Delilah hold Squirt correctly, she spoke to him in a total of three languages in the matter of a few minutes; English, Italian and gibberish.

***

Lauren Monique

"Is he going to be alright?" Tiana questions glancing at Elijah

"I don't know" sighing I poured myself a glass of wine. "you have no idea how long I've wanted to drink this"

"I kissed Remo" she blurts out sliding down the wall onto the floor. "on the lips"

"Okay? What's wrong with that?" not understanding the question I sat on a stool across from her. "Aren't y'all dating?"

"He didn't kiss me back" chewing on her necklace she looks at me briefly. "I think we're dating I don't know. I've been avoiding him since you're baby shower, I haven't even told him about the surgery. I'm so stupid"