•|109|•

Lauren Monique

Delilah came back home three days later in the middle of the night, she got homesick and basically begged Pops to bring her to me.

Within those three days without her being home, I caught up on sleep and the boys came over to meet Squirt.

Boys as in; Quincy, Messiah and Tj

Remo and Tiana took time off to prepare for Remo's surgery, Geovani and Sienna have been going out more.

"Benny do you have kids or a significant other?" I question noticing how he's the only one in our circle that's still here

"I have one daughter and three granddaughters. They're triplets" nodding Benjamin smiles softly

"The fact that nobody told me this is lowkey hurting my feelings, how old are they?"

"I thought everyone knew, they were here for Delilah's birthday party. They'll be three next month"

"Why didn't you take time off like everyone else?"

"Because you'd be alone and they live two states away"

"You should go visit them, I'm more than capable of fending for myself and my kids"

"What about dinner? I haven't prepared it yet"

"I can cook for myself Benny, but if you'd like you can make dinner"

"How long should I be gone for?" he questions putting on a apron around his waist

"As long as you'd like, you've been working here since we moved into this house. You deserve a life outside of work" shrugging I left the kitchen lifting Delilah up off the counter

Taking her upstairs to her room I went into her bathroom to run her bath.

"Dee check on your brother, don't be loud he should still be sleeping" taking out a unicorn onesie for her I got out a pair of underwear as well

"Okay" nodding she ran out the room rubbing her eyes tiredly. "Baby blue, mama ask if you okay!"

Within seconds Squirt is hollering as if someone hurt him, Delilah comes back wiggling her eyebrows.

"Him said he wan take a bath with me" shrugging she took her pants off, looking at me she points towards the door. "wan me get him?"

Shaking my head disbelievingly I went to Squirts room, taking him out the crib I carried him to Delilah's bathroom.

"Him say Dee Dee yet?" she asks taking her shirt off

"Nope"

Turning the water off I sat beside the tub waiting for her to finish getting undress and into it.

"Baby blue wan take bath, mama"

"He already took one"

"Nuh uh"

Instead of getting into the tub, Delilah clings herself to me staring directly into my eyes. Squinting she tilted her head to the side poking her bottom lip out.

"You're so sickening" chuckling I pushed her away gently, pointing to the tub. "get in"

Grumbling to herself she climbed into the tub picking up her rubber football. Throwing it up she held her hands out waiting for it to fall.

***

Crying and hollering !

That's exactly what I woke up to, Delilah screaming from her room and Squirt crying beside me.

Rubbing my fingertips down his arm Squirt slowly began to calm down, as for Delilah she came running into the room crying my name.

"What's wrong, Dee?" sitting up I leaned over the side of the bed pulling her up.

"Mama left me!" she whines hugging my neck. "don't leave me"

"Baby I didn't leave you, I'm right here" I whisper confusedly hugging her. "don't cry"

"Dada left me" she hiccups

"Awe but he's coming back home to you, he'll always come back. You just have to be patient and wait a little while"

"Okay" nodding she relaxed herself against my chest