•|88|•

Lauren Monique

"Elijah, stop" I yell grabbing ahold of his hands as he packed his second suitcase. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it please don't leave"

He ignored me, pushing me away gently. He continued packing until his suitcase was stuffed.

"Elijah!"

Benjamin came and took his suitcases downstairs, giving us curious glances.

"How long are you going to be gone?" I ask giving in

"A week or maybe a month, who knows" he shrugs taking his phone off the charger, going out into the hall then into Delilah's room. "goodnight princess, give your mom hell while I'm gone"

"Night night, Dada" she giggles nodding, she stood up on her bed embracing him in a hug kissing his cheek "luv you"

"I love you more" he chuckles

Letting her go he tucked her in, then left the room with me behind him.

"Elijah seriously, where are you going"

"Italy where I'm supposed to be with Alessandro and Angelo" he was almost out the door until I pulled him back "what?"

"No kiss?" I frown

Scoffing he grabbed my throat bringing me closer to him, giving me a mixture of love and anger.

"I love you" I shout as he left out the door, slamming it, turning away I went up the stairs to my room. "he didn't even say it back"

"Lauren!" Sienna yells running into the room, jumping into the bed she laid beside me. "Hi Lauren"

"Hey" I nod wrapping my arms around her, resting my head on her shoulder. "I missed you"

Geovani took her to the hospital for a overnight sleeping study, she doesn't sleep throughout the night.

"Anche tu mi sei mancato" Sienna giggles (I missed you too)

"I made your cousin mad and now he left me" I pout angry with myself "I didn't mean it, I swear but he still left"

"Chiama la zietta" she shrugs pushing my hair out of her face. (call auntie)

"No, I'll give him his space"

"La chiamerò" she huffs pulling my phone from my back pocket. (I'll call her)

***

"Lauren" Sienna shakes me gently

"Hm?" I hum drowsily

"Posso chiamarti mamma come fa la mia dolce caramel?" she whispers softly touching my nose. (can I call you mama like my candy baby does?)

"I don't care Sienna" I waved her off, getting comfortable again

"Mama!" Sienna shouts squeezing my nose

"What the hell Sienna?" I yell opening my eyes glaring at her "what?"

"Titi e Remo sono qui" she sticks out her tongue skipping out the room. (Titi and Remo are here)

Getting out of bed I took the elevator down to the main floor, going into the living room I sat on the couch across from them.

'Are you okay?' Remo signs eyeing me

"Yeah" I nod

"Monty can you give me a ride to my uncle's house?" Tiana asks Monty as he came into the living room, giving me my prenatal pills

"Is that alright with you, Lauren?" Monty questions "I'm still on the clock"

"I don't care, just be careful" I waved him off

Remo shook his head pushing Tiana back in her seat gently.

"Move, Remo" Tiana frowns

He shook his head again

"Okay so Tiana, I know you have questions about what me and Elijah do for a living and why Remo doesn't tell you anything. Well I'm an assassin and I have been one for a while now, I'm trusting you with this information hopefully you choose to help it go yourself. Remo killed the ref because I told him to" I explain watching her nod slowly

"I thought you were a ninja" she mumbles "and what about Mr.Eli?"

"Can't tell you" I shrug "that's his business to tell"

"I understand" she nods

"Yup, I'm not sure what you saw but don't be mad at Remo he was just following his orders"

"Ready?" Monty questions holding up his keys

"Yes" Tiana slid around Remo following Monty out the door

'She still left' Remo signs angrily

"She'll be back, I'll text her and let her know she's watching Delilah tomorrow"

'She looks at me differently, as if I would hurt her' he frowns rubbing the back of his neck

"Just keep trying, be gently and understanding. She's new to this life, she isn't used to seeing people being killed"

'She didn't see him, she saw his blood on my shirt'

"Oh well that's on you, should've changed clothes before you went back to her dumb nut"

'Where's the Boss?'

"He left, I pissed him off earlier" I mumble with a sigh "now leave me alone, I'm sleepy and make sure Sienna doesn't drink my apple juice, I almost had to kill her the other night for that dumb shit"

"Mama!"

Groaning I made my way to Delilah's room stopping at her door, she got up with her Bobo in hand crying.

"What's wrong Dee?" I ask picking her up

"Sleep with you, peas" she whines rubbing her eyes

"Okay"

"You shouldn't be carrying her" Geovani appeared out of nowhere, taking Delilah out of my arms

"It's fine she isn't that heavy" I waved him off

"You're not suppose to carry or lift anything or person over twenty pounds, Delilah heavier than that" he shakes his head

"Mama, I sleepy" Delilah yawns

"Geo, give her to me" I reached for her as I sat on my bed

"Goodnight, yell if you need anything" he nods letting Delilah launch herself into my arm

"Why aren't you going home?" I frown

"Someone needs to stay with you until the boss comes back"