•|114|•

Lauren Monique

"You got somewhere else to be?" Mike questions watching me check my phone for the twelfth time

Yes

"My fault, I don't like leaving my kids. It messes with my nerves" putting my phone down I took a bite of my pizza. "did Shanquilla reunite with her husband?"

"Yeah, their suing the police station. She asked me to get you to come to a rally in front of the station next weekend"

"Nah hell, she does know they'll mace her ass and possibly shoot her for being out there right?"

"She's got a big crowd behind her, she doesn't care she just wants justice" shrugging Mike took a sip of his drink

"I wish her the best of luck but I'm not going down there, the out come of that isn't going to be pretty"

"Mhm but enough about her, when are you going to give me a chance?"

"Mike stop, I've got a toddler and a infant who are my main concern—"

"So? I know that and—"

"And I'm in love with their father, Mike I can't date you because I'm too invested in Elijah and I don't want to be with anyone else. I'm sorry"

"I knew I should've hit you up before you got pregnant again or back in high school"

"In high school I was dating Tray and before that I only wanted to play football and basketball. You wouldn't have gotten far with me" chuckling I rolled my eyes playfully

"Man don't bring that man up, I still want to beat his ass for the way he treated you back than. I don't know why you put up with him when you knew I would've treated you better"

"I thought I was in love" shrugging I continued eating. "You know you and Montana said the same thing, you both wanted to date me back in high school"

"In middle school too and now" he nods

"Should've tried dating me in middle school, who knows maybe you would've gotten a few good years with me"

"I did and you shot me down saying you were like one of the bro's and that your parents wouldn't let you date anyone"

"Oh those bastards" scoffing I nod "damn I—Mike I did date you. Before I dated Tray"

"Nah mamas, you just let me take you out a few times and to junior prom. The most we ever did was hug" chuckling Mike waved me off glancing out the window of the restaurant

"Well we still went out, that's something" checking my phone I sat my pizza down. "Mike I have to go, my kids need me"

"Alright, hit me up later" nodding we both stood up with our things, he walked me to my truck waiting until I got in. "be safe"

"Always" smiling I closed my door, starting the engine I back out the parking lot then sped all the way home. "Lord please don't let them people take my kids away, I'm not trying to go to jail for twelve counts of murder but the way it's looking I might have to"

Answering my phone when it rung I sat it in my lap putting it on speaker.

"Yeah?"

"Mr.Eli's upstairs fusing on the phone in Italian, Geovani says he's asking someone to find out where a key is and the ladies from the park are outside threatening to have child protective services come to your house if they don't speak to you and Mr.Eli"

"Man tell Remo to kill them bitches"

"Um no. . ."

"Send Sienna out there"