•|71|•

Elijah Ricci

After handling business in my office I left home and went to the building that was supposed to be Lauren's photography studio.

I still don't understand why she let that guy rob her out of thousands of dollars instead of giving him my gym location and letting him rob me. She didn't know me like she does back then, it doesn't make sense.

"The backdrops will be installed tomorrow and the furniture will be here in two days" my mother says over her shoulder as she paints the walls of the building "did you apologize yet?"

"No" I mumble checking my phone and seeing Lauren sent me a picture of Delilah doing her 'mean' face

Even though Lauren's distancing herself from me she still speaks to me when it concerns the baby or Delilah.

"How backward can you be? You're fixing up her studio but you aren't willing to be a man and apologize? Lauren wants you to fight for her, show her you actually want her you dumb dingbat. She's been trying to show she loves and care for you over the past few months and than boom, your father and his bullshit shows up and you stopped showing Lauren the love and appreciation she deserves. When she finds someone else that'll give her everything she couldn't get from you don't coming crying to me because you can't get your woman back"

Nodding to myself I looked away unable to say anything.

"And when she does find someone don't even think about ruining their relationship, that girl deserves happiness. All the things she's been through, she needs it" my mother rants

***

Lauren Monique

"Questa è la mia caramella baby?" Sienna whispers glancing at Delilah (this is my candy baby)

"Yes" I nod watching her sit on the floor in front of me, reaching for Delilah who's in my lap.

"Mia mamma caramella?" Delilah asks looking up at me, sliding off my lap

"Yes" I nod, she launched herself into Sienna's arms rubbing her nose against Sienna's

"Sei così carina" Sienna gasps hugging Delilah gently as if she'd break her (you're so pretty)

"Grazie" Delilah giggles rubbing her hands on Sienna's face (thanks)

I got up and sat behind them on the floor, taking out Sienna's braids.

She messed them up terribly.

"Ouchie, Lauren" she whines touching her head

"Sorry, there's some knots in your hair" I mumble trying my best not to yank her hair again.

I sprayed her hair down with dry shampoo after I got all the knots out then massaged her scalp.

"Ah" Sienna sighs leaning into my hands, looking over her shoulder I noticed Delilah feel asleep in her lap "La mia dolce bambina sta facendo un sonnellino" (my candy baby is napping)

"I see" I nod braiding her hair down again, then placed the wig on stop of it "I didn't glue it down so you can take it off before bed if you want"

"Voglio vederlo" she nods (I want to see it)

Taking my phone from my jacket I went to the camera and gave it to her. She started grinning touching her head.

I used my fingers as a comb before smoothing the wig down.

"Sono carina adesso?" Sienna asks taking pictures of us and Delilah. (I'm pretty now?)

"You've always been pretty, Sienna" I shook my head, it's true she's pretty.

It's just her teeth and hair that's messing her up.

"Visitation is now over, it's time to get the patients to their room for lunch" nurse Asia says loudly escorting the patience to the back hall towards the rooms

"No, non voglio andare" Sienna shakes her head quickly holding Delilah's sleeping body to get chest. (No, I don't want to go)

"You'll see her again" I waved the nurses off as they got closer to us thinking Sienna was about to spaz

"Vedrò di nuovo la mia caramella baby?" she questions turning away, touching Delilah's cheek (I'll see my candy baby again?)

"Yes, we'll come next week and I'll bring cookies" I nod holding my arms out

"Promettere?" she raises a eyebrow, slowly putting Delilah in my arms carefully. (Promise)

"I promise" I smile as she takes me into a bear hug, then touches Delilah's hand

"A dopo, tesoro mio, tesoro" Sienna whispers to Delilah as she moved slightly. (See you later my candy baby"

"Mia mamma caramella" Delilah responds in her sleep, gripping Sienna's hand then letting go

"Posso chiamarti più tardi?" Sienna asks me as nurse Asia pulled her up, gently. (I can call you later?)

"Of course" I nod standing up slowly, holding onto Delilah "be good Sienna"

"Non posso promettertelo" she mumbles pulling her arm away from nurse Asia. (no promises)

***

"Somebody help me with this Italian shit" I yell flipping through the semi-thick folder filled with worksheets that need to be done within two days

"The only person here at the moment that knows Italian really good is Mr.Ricci" Tiana says sitting beside me, filling out worksheets for my Spanish and French classes.

"Yeah you can kiss my ass with that one" I scoff dismissing that option "I'll wait until Elijah comes home or for Sienna when she calls"

Most of the guards aren't here today, they training with Alex somewhere.

The ones that are here don't speak Italian, they speak English.

Benjamin's working on my British homework in the kitchen while he's preparing for dinner.

"I'm done" Tiana sighs putting the papers back into their folders "do you need help with anything else?"

"I need someone to take pictures of for my photography class"

"Headshots only, my outfit isn't picture ready"

"I wanna take pictures" Delilah says running into the living room, she posed making a kissy face then smiled holding up one finger.

"You're silly" I chuckle watching her change poses

Mr.Ricci come from upstairs with a grunt as the front door opens revealing Elijah and Vivian covered in paint.

"Well damn did y'all roll yourselves in paint?" I chuckle

"Or went paint balling?" Tiana questions

"My Nonna, I saw candy mama" Delilah's smiles, she took my phone from my lap holding it up "show picture"

I showed Delilah the pictures when she woke from her nap, she was upset she didn't get to hug Sienna before we left.

Unlocking it I went to my gallery showing them the pictures of the three of us.

"Eli isn't that your cousin?" Vivan questions taking the phone, getting a better look

"Yes it is, Lauren you shouldn't let Delilah around her. Sienna's dangerous" Elijah frowns at me

"And so am I" I shrug truthfully

Sienna is not dangerous. She misunderstood. I know her background, I looked her up as soon as I got situated at home that day I got at the hospital. I wouldn't have let Delilah met her if she was considered a threat.