•|18|•

Lauren Monique

"Babe come on" Elijah whined

We're in Victoria's Secret, I basically had the whole store in my bag.

"I'm going to bath and body works" I told him after he paid for everything.

Earlier in the car he told me if I don't let him pay he'd just put the money in my bank account later. He  won't let me spend my own money. He says since I'm his lady, it's his responsibility to pay for everything.

I don't agree with that and he knows it, I'm independent. I like spending my own money !

"I'll be sitting over there" he pointed to the sitting area three stores down

"I'm not going to be in here long"

"You said that about the last store"

We kissed then parted ways, walking in I was greeted by the smell of multiple perfumes.

Lemme hurry up before this store gives me a headache.

I got three sets of my favorite fragrances and got Elijah two sets from the men's section. I also got lavender candles.

The line was short so the wait wasn't long, I paid with my card then went to find Elijah.

Lord why must you test me ?

A girl that looks to be around my age sat beside Elijah starring in his face, smiling hard as ever she asked for his number.

Walking up to them Elijah stood up coming to my side, completely ignoring her.

"I'm glad you came at the time you did" he sighed taking the bags from me "she was creeping me out"

"I got you something while I was in there" I showed his the items "it smells so good, I can't wait for you to use it"

"Thank you" he kissed me

"No problem, I need to stop at one more place"

"Oh my God" he sighed dramatically

We went into H&M, I went into the kids section and picked out an outfit for Tj. Elijah went and got swimming trunks.

***

We were now in southside LA.

My hood !

"I should probably tell you all my friends are dudes and they're all in gangs. Four of them are bloods and five are crips" I told Elijah as we turned into the neighborhood

(A.N. Don't be so naïve, some crips and bloods are friends! The color of their flag doesn't always stand in the way of being on good terms with one another)

Downing all the windows, I held my purple flag out. I'm not in a gang, it's just to let them know I'm not on no bullshit and trying to start something.

Around here if nobody knows you, they'll shoot up your car.

Everyone knows me in this neighborhood, I lived here since I was eight.

"Lauren" Elijah looked at me a blank look

"I know people don't believe bloods and crips can get along and most of them don't but my friends get along just fine. I know that because I'm the one that got them to be cool with each after they joined their gangs. It took me about two years to do it but I did. I wouldn't be coming here if it wasn't safe for us"

"I trust you" he nods

"Ayo Monique!" Ignoring the older man that called out to me, I turned into Quincy's yard