•|56|•

Lauren Monique

Three days of dead ends later, we located the warehouse John is hiding Hailey in.

Lucas has become restless and demanding now, it's hard to stay focus on anything with him yelling at me to save his girlfriend.

"Stop yelling at me!" I shout slamming my fist on the table "you're pissing me off, I told you I'll go when his friends leave. It's too much of them for us to take on, we'll never make it out if we engage them now"

It seemed like my statement did nothing to calm him down, motioning Matt to Lucas I asked for his help.

Matt raises his hands in the air then slams it where Lucas' shoulder and neck meets.

"Matt!" I screech catching Lucas as falls forward unconscious

"This was the easiest way to get some peace and quiet, Mrs.Ricci"

"I already told you, you don't need to call me that. We aren't married, just call me by my name" I huff laying Lucas across three chairs since that was the closest thing to us

"I am calling you by your name, Mrs.Ricci" Matt smirks slyly

"Fuck you" squinting at him I flicked him the bird before going back to hacking into the door keypad that's on the door of the warehouse Hailey's in. Hopefully it'll work.

"As much as I'd like to take you up on that offer, I'm going to have to decline. Boss with put a bullet in my head faster than you could spell Mississippi"

"Sounds like something he'd do" I chuckle

***

"I love you Babe, please be safe" Elijah stressed out

"Elijah you've said the same thing twice, I will be extra careful okay?"

"I don't believe you, your reckless sometimes"

"Anyways, can you tell me more about the deal you made? I don't understand why you think I'm gonna overreact"

"Because I know you, I just need you to trust me and know it's not what it seems. When you find out you're most likely going to want to leave me but just know you won't get far, I won't let you" he says sternly

"Mrs.Ricci, the men are leaving its now or never" Matt's voice comes through the divider wall

"We'll talk more later, remember what I said to you in your office that day I brought you and Alex Monkey bread?" I question checking my gadgets

"Yes, you said you didn't want to fall for me because you fear I'll leave you. I won't leave so you have nothing to worry about I promise"

"Well the way you were talking a few minutes ago it seems like your stepping out on me" I sigh getting out the back of the van, closing the door behind me

"Babe, I know what it sounds like but I'm telling you it's not like that. I wouldn't hurt you and Delilah like that. Be careful and try to leave this mission unharmed, I love you"

Matt and Lucas make there way out the front of the van, both had an uneasy facial expressions.

"I trust you Elijah, be safe on your end too" hanging up I tucked my phone in my back pocket "watch my back boys"

I held out my wand like device and slid it across the keypad, it fried the keypad liked I knew it would.

"We've got fifteens minutes until law enforcements get here so let's make this quick and get the hell out of here" I whisper creeping into the building slowly, taking out my thermal imaging camera "there's three people in the area we're about to go in, try not to shed any blood"