•|43|•

Lauren Monique

"It's not going to work, Elijah has too much self control and he's busy" I say to Alex before sneezing. I'm just getting over my cold, my nose is slightly stuffy but other than that I'm fine.

"I beg to differ, I'll give you five thousand dollars right now if you do it" Alex continues to press the topic

I could put that money towards a new car

"Fine" I nod

"Really?" Alex ask shock

"Yes, ask me again and I'll change my answer"

"Okay but I don't want you to do it dressed like that" he gives me a once over "I bought you a outfit"

I groaned loudly.

"Of course you did" I sigh "where is it?"

Alex smirks wildly handing me a bag that was beside his feet.

I changed in the bathroom before coming out, the fool bought me a Lola bunny costume. He left the recipe for it and at the top of it I see the name of the sex store not too far from her.

"Why am I doing this?" I ask making sure the shorts aren't revealing too much

"Because I want to see my dear friend suffer,  he told me he hates me and that hurts my feelings a bit" Alex grumbles crossing his arms "how could he say that to me? I'm amazing and handsome"

"He didn't mean it and you know that. If your feeling are truly hurt you would've gone to him and discuss it with him" I roll my eyes dismissing his reasonings

"Whatever, lets get to it" Alex claps shooing me to Elijah's office

Standing at the door I looked down at my skimpy outfit. The costume is a two piece, white and blue crop top with booty shorts. It's cute, I guess.

Walking in I called Elijah's name softly, he's too busy looking at his computer to notice me.

"Papa" I say more seductively gaining his attention as I come around his desk, sitting in his lap "I missed you"

He grunts lowly running his hands down my sides.

"Is that so?" He ask kissing my shoulder "I hope you didn't plan on going somewhere with that on"

"I plan on having you helping me take it off" I tell him, leaning back into his warm embrace

"Babe" he chuckles "I don't have the time to attend to your needs at the moment, I really need to email the realtor and work on the blueprints for my new investment" he taps the side of my thighs, implying that I should get up but I don't.

I look up at the door where Alex is pepping in, he mouths 'no money' shaking his head. Moron.

"What new investment?" I ask ignoring Alex and his bullshit

"I want to own a barbershop combined with a tattoo parlor"

Cool!

"Really? I've been think about getting a thigh tattoo for sometime now"

"I could do it for you" he suggests as his arms cages me in, he responds to a email. Shifting a bit in his lap Elijah groans dropping his arms "Babe, I can't concentrate. Can you please leave? I have a lot to do, I promise I'll come straight to you when I'm done"

"Take your time" I kiss his cheek before leaving his office ignoring Alex complain about how I failed to seduce him.

Who said I was trying?

"I would've hired someone to do it if I knew you would've failed like that" he scoffs catching my attention

The balls on this dude

"I will slit the both of your throats, don't test me Alessandro" I utter to him calmly

***

Sitting on the couch talking to Remo, Elijah comes in moving around the living room with five other men. I've seen them around the house a few times, their mainly outside most of the time.

"What's wrong?" I ask noticing Elijah cold glare as he orders the men around "Bae?"

"There's been a attack on one of my warehouses" he says extremely calm "I'll be back in a few hours, Remo and Geovani will be with you until I return. Kiss my princess goodnight for me"

I got up quickly meeting him at the front door, pulling his face down to mines I kissed him passionately. He was the first to move away, softening his gaze as we made eye contact he looked away.

"I want to help"

"I don't want you to come with me" he shook his head

"Who said I wanted to go? I could look into the traffic cameras and figure out who did it if you don't already know and track where their going"

Elijah looks at me briefly before tugging me towards his office. He pointed to his chair and I sat in it confused. He took out a white box from his closet and tossed it to me.

Catching it with ease I opened it taking out ear pieces.

"I want to know everything that's happening, don't leave out any details" he says sternly taking a ear piece putting it in his ear

I nod putting my mines, opening his computer I hacked into the traffic cameras then looked up at him.

"What's the address of the warehouse?" he typed it in before going towards the door, looking back he sighs.

"I love you"

"Be safe" I smile blowing him a kiss

"Always" he pretends to catch it and puts it in his pocket

***

"Trust in me" I sang lowly holding Delilah in my arms, she gripped my shirt yawning tiredly "in all you do, have the faith I have in you. Love will see us through if only you trust in me"

Beyoncé is always a hit

"Lauren" Elijah groans

"Don't get upset, you know Delilah gets cranky when you leave" I hiss laying her on the couch in Elijah's office "I don't know why you baby her so much, if you didn't she wouldn't be so attached"

"I don't baby her, she just loves me more because I'm nicer" he mumbles through the earpiece

"She loves us equally"

"Sure she does" he responds in a sarcastic voice

"Fuck you"

"In one more week"

Rolling my eyes I sat back in his desk chair,  continuing to watch the cameras. Sipping on my apple juice I damn near choke seeing two trucks swerve into the warehouse.

"Aye, papa two trucks just pulled up. Four people in are in both cars" I rushed out when I got kicked out the camera database "I can't see anything so be on your toes"

Within seconds shotguns rings through the earpiece into my ears.

"Elijah?" I ask lowly, panicking slightly

"I'll see you when I get home, I love you"