•|102|•

Lauren Monique

As the contractions became more frequent Elijah managed to get a hold of himself—after he passed out twice.

Moaning in agony I squeezed his hand to the point it started turning purple.

"Lauren don't push that baby out in my backseat, we're two minutes away from the hospital" Matt stresses

"Ow Babe, let up" Elijah whines scrunching his face in pain

"After this you're never getting another baby out of me again!" I tell angrily

"No, you promised you'd have all my babies"

Squeezing his hand harder when the car jerked I felt his finger crack.

"Ah okay we'll talk more on this subject when you're thinking straight" nodding he snatches his hand out of my hold.  "I think you broke my finger"

"Go get a nurse and wheelchair" pushing him out the backseat "and hurry up before I have another contraction"

He stumbled out nervously jogging into the hospital, Matt got out the front seat and helped me out.

"Cut him some slack, this is his first kid. He's nervous" Matt chuckles grabbing my hospital bag "I was the same way with my kid"

"You've got kids? You piece of shit, why didn't you tell me?!"

"You never asked" shrugging he held onto me walking towards the entrance "my kid didn't live long, she was born with tumors on her brain, lungs and heart"

"Damn, if I wasn't in pain I'd hug you" halfway there Elijah came out with two nurses and a wheelchair

***

When I came to the hospital I was only five centimeters dilated. They took me to a room and had me put on a ugly hospital gown.

"Babe?" Elijah whispers shaking my arm "Babe, I'm sorry"

"Sorry for what?" without opening my eyes I grabbed his hand before he moved it, interlocking our fingers. "stop pacing and have a seat"

"I'm sorry for panicking"

"It's better you than me" smirking I peeked at him then closed my eyes again. "I'm not mad, you're doing fine"

"Okay, so your still having—?"

"Shut up" waving him off I waited for Vivian to bring Delilah and Sienna

"This means no sex for six weeks—I lied Babe I can't last that long" Elijah groans pressing a kiss to my forehead

"You lasted four months when you where in Italy, shut up before I beat you with my bedpan" side eyeing him I gripped the bed feeling a contraction overcome me "go get a nurse, I need that damn epidural"

An hour later I'm crushing Elijah's hand as the nurses do a last minute ultrasound, I wouldn't push until they did it.

I had to make sure my baby wasn't tangled up in his umbilical cord, like Izzy was.

"Babe you need to push" Elijah mutters in agony trying to loosen my grip on his hand "and maybe switch hands? this one is already losing color and has been numb for a while"

Nodding I released his hand letting him replace it with his other one.

"Okay Mama, I need you to give me one big push" Doctor Jackie says over my screams

"Ah Eli I swear on everything you love, I'll never go through this again! I'm not pushing no more fucking babies out!" squeezing his hand tightly I pushed my hardest hoping Squirt would finally make his appearance and stop stalling.

"He's half way off, just one more push to do the trick"

"Eli get down there and pull him out, I'm tapping out" huffing I let go off his hand as my eyelids got heavy.

"Babe no, you have to push" Elijah grabs a hold of my hand looking at me as if I'm crazy

"Her heart rate is dropping"

The machines beeped loudly as my eyes closed.

"Elijah, get my baby" I whisper pushing Squirt out fully

"He's not breathing" one of the nurses says slightly loud

"Breath Squirt! Mama needs you to breath baby" tears prick my eyes as I lost feeling in more than half my body.

"I need a crash cart, we're losing her!" Doctor Jackie shouts. "Sir we need you to step out the room, you can follow your son up to the NICU with one of the nurses"

***

Elijah Ricci

"Is she okay?" I mutter to the nurse lowly, glancing at my son in my arms

"Yes but her body is exhausted from being in labor so when you see her she most likely won't be awake. Everything is fine you shouldn't be worried" the nurse grins softly removing her mask. "I can take you to her now if you'd like"

Nodding I laid Squirt back in the bassinet, the nurses took hold of it and pushed it slowly towards Lauren's room.

"Have you guys picked out a name for him?"

"Lauren knows it" my voice came out barley audible

"Not much of a talker, are you?" she chuckles

Shaking my head no, I glanced down at Squirt's sleeping form.

Without Lauren I'm just a simple nonverbal man, when I'm around her I have all the confidence in the world simply because she's near.

"When she wakes up try and get her to breastfeed the baby, he hasn't been fed. I'm surprised he isn't fussing"

Nodding once again I entered the room and took a seat beside Lauren's bed. The nurse rolled Squirt in on the other side of Lauren before leaving.

"Babe? Wake up" shaking Lauren slightly I thought back on all the baby names she threw at me during her pregnancy. Narrowing it down to two names I voiced my opinions. "I like the name. . ."

🚨if you comment or message me saying 'update' you will be muted🚨