EPILOGUE

| 1 year later |

Delilah is now four, Squirt is two and Milan is one. Lauren's twenty three, and Elijah's twenty nine.

"Daddy!" Delilah screams

"Mama!" Amir whines

"I'm gonna run away" Lauren mutters rolling off of Elijah

"Take me with you" he responds getting up as well

"Hi Babe, hi Dada" Milan smiles jumping on the trampoline Alex bought her, she always brings it into the living room whenever someone takes it into the kids playroom. After a while they stopped moving it.

"I'm Mama, not Babe. Between you and Squirt I don't know who gets on my nerves more. He called me Dada until he was one and now your saying Babe? The fuck" Lauren mumbles

Milan got in the habit of calling Lauren, Babe instead of mama because that's what Elijah says.

"Hello Munchkin" Elijah waves with a yawn, scooping her up he pressed a kiss to her forehead. "It's time for bed, why are you playing in the dark?"

Responding in gibberish she shrugs holding both sides of his face, going back and forth pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"Love you"

"I love you more, now please go to sleep. Me and your mom are very tired" Elijah chuckles

"Mama!" Amir whimpers sliding down the stairs, he just woke up from a nap alone in his bed. Something he's not used to, usually Lauren is there when he wakes up. "Mama!"

"I'm here Squirt, your okay. Wipe your tears" Lauren murmurs going over to him sleepily, doing as told he looked at her through teary eyes. Picking him up Lauren carried him back to her room, with Elijah right behind them.

"Daddy!" Delilah shouts again, running into the hall she stood at the top of the stairs frowning. "why you holding her? I'm princess"

"You're becoming a brat" Lauren yawns waving her off. "Dee go to bed"

"I'm not a brat, Mama I'm Daddy's princess" she argues hugging herself

"Babe leave her alone, you know it's a sensitive subject" Elijah sighs leaning over and picked Delilah up with his other arm. "what's wrong?"

"I couldn't find you, where did you go?"

"I was in my office" he responds

When they got to Elijah and Lauren's room, Elijah went back to sleep. The kids weaselled their way into the bed closing their eyes quickly while Lauren changed into comfy pajama shorts.

"Aht aht, go get in y'all own beds" Lauren smacks her lips annoyed that they didn't leave enough space for her in bed, when nobody moved she grabbed a belt. "Now!"

She's never actually used a belt to beat any of their kids, it's just to scary them into doing what she says.

"Mama, I wan stay with you" Amir whimpers not liking the thought of sleeping in his room alone, he's two years old and still a mamas boy but what did you expect?

Milan pressed a kiss to Elijah slightly parted month then jumped off the bed onto pillows, going over to Lauren she gave her legs a hug then left the room.

Milan was the easy kid out of the three, she's Alex in a kid form but that's probably because he's her godfather. He's been teaching her all the dad jokes he knows and childish clap backs to say to Elijah.

"Delilah, go to your room. Be a big girl and sleep in your own bed" Lauren grabs her legs pulling her from under Elijah slowly. "come on Dee, you can lay with us in the morning"