•|41|•

Lauren Monique

"What were you thinking?" Elijah seethes as Remo and I walk into the home, he glares at me as he paces the living room. "Are you suicidal?"

"Only on Monday's" I nod sitting my suitcase aside

"I'm serious, Lauren"

"I'm not laughing, Elijah" I shrug

He stops and tucks his lips in, sighing he waves his hand.

"We'll talk about that later, what was the point in that mission?" He asks coming to me, he looks at my shoulder then Remo "how could you let her get hurt?"

"It's apart of the job Elijah, I was bound to get hurt sooner or later" I sigh turning his head to me, I kissed his lips

"Tell me everything, from the moment you got the assignment"

Elijah took my hand leading me to the couch, sitting down I watch as he continues to pace.

"Well it's this German art theft that stole a diamond tiara three weeks ago, my assignment was to go retrieve it but the theft is always on the go. He's never in the same place for more than three days, and he's extremely good at staying in the shadows when it comes to cameras. I did some research and noticed he only takes the artifacts that cost the most money in every museum, so I went on a hunch that his next target would be the hope diamond and I was right." I paused to catch Elijah's arm to stop him from walking, he pulls away crossing his arms as he stood in front of me.

"Continue" he gives a small hand motion

"After I got the diamond I handed it off to Remo and took the decoy when we split up. The theft caught me half way through the parking lot as I suspected. What I didn't suspect was for him to damn near choke my ass out and put a gun to my waist. He tied me up and blindfolded me then took me to the building he was working out of for the time being"

"And"

"Later on at his building he took the decoy thinking it was the real thing. I broke free, took the tiara, shot a few people, got shot my damn self" I sigh making it seem like it was nothing

Remo comes up behind the couch and gives me a stern look.

'Tell him about how you almost died' he signs, Geovani walks in as he did so

Elijah looks between us questionably, then turned to Geo.

"Tell him about how you almost died" Geovani says answering the question that's lingering in Elijah's mind

"You—What?"Elijah asks taken back

"I lost a lot of blood while Remo was trying to patch me up, he had to take me to the hospital" I mumble lowly

Elijah pulls at his hair then glares intensely at Remo and I.

"Why wasn't I informed about this?"

'She asked begged me not to tell you' Remo signs

"She begged him not to tell you" Geovani translations

"I didn't want to worry you" I tried to scratch the left side of my head but stopped when the pain raised in my shoulder.

Ouchie

"Babe, are you alright?" Elijah ask as he softens his gaze, I nod softly

"Batman is better than Superman" Alex says from the hallway, I look over to the direction of his voice and roll my eyes at his statement. "Lauren's here"

"Mama! Mama! Mama!" Tiny petter patters are heard as Delilah makes her way to me, she stops once she got to my side and rubs my shoulder softly "Aw hurt?"