•|133|•

Lauren Monique

Pacing back and forth in front of Elijah's office door I debated if I really wanted to tell him.

Tell him and except the consequences now or risk him finding out later and make shit worse.

"Are you going to come in or continue standing there?" Elijah questions from the other side of the door

Shit

Going inside I stepped in slowly, closing the door behind me I took two steps before stopping.

"What?" he mutters raising an eyebrow, putting his pen down he leaned back in his chair gesturing for me to come closer.

"I um. . . . I just thought that I should come and tell you how much I love you" smiling I mentally face palmed myself

"Okay" Elijah nods confusedly. "I love you too, but is that really what you came in here to tell me?"

"Well no but wanted to put that out there"

Nodding he got up and walked over to me, taking my hands in his he lead me back to his desk.

"Spill it"

"Okay so I know you said cut all ties with Matt but I couldn't, I already feel guilty for getting him shot and just leaving him high and dry would eat away at my conscience. So I've been—"

"Writing him letters? Yeah I know" dropping my hands out of his he sat back in his chair doodling on a piece of paper. "I thought you were about to tell me something crazy, like that evil cat Tatum spoke in Hindi or something. Not something I already knew"

"How did you find out? I wanted to be the one to tell you" sitting on the love sac I played with the promise ring he gave me

"I heard you say it earlier, I can back inside to get Amir's cup and overheard you and Benjamin's conversation. I wasn't going to say anything until you did"

"I don't know what to say"

"I understand your reasoning for writing to him and I heard you say when he gets out of the hospital you'll stop. The only thing I ask is if I could read the letters he sent you"

"Um yeah, I'll go see if Benjamin still has them" getting up hesitantly I went to kitchen, when I got there Benny already at all the letter in his hand. "how did you know I was coming for these?"

"I figured you were going to tell him" smiling he shooed me back to Elijah's office after putting all the letters in my arms

"I wasn't expecting this many letter" Elijah mutters taking one. "you can lay them on my desk"

Leaning back in his chair he began reading them one by one, it took him a total of thirty minutes to read them all.

When he was done he balled them up throwing it in the trash.

"I could draw you a rose better than his" Elijah hums glancing around me

Really?

I couldn't help but make a face at him, here I was expecting him to have mean remakes and he says that petty little comment.