•|22|•

Lauren Monique

Ever since I've been back Elijah has been stopping by with useful things for Delilah and more apologies for me. The day I went to my parents house, they weren't there.

"Delilah, it's bath time" I yelled from the hall bathroom. She yelled back in her baby language running in. "Slow down kid"

"Moe!" She danced holding onto my shoulders

"Stop moving" I laughed trying to take her pamper off.

"Go play" she pointed to the hall "go play"

"After you take a bath"

"Okay" taking her pamper off, I sat her in the bath handing her a rubber football. She played with it excitedly talking up a storm. "I wish I could understand what your saying"

Washing every inch of her body I let her stay in the bath for five more minutes then I got her out and dried off. Looking at the amount of clothes I had for her I realized I'd have to make a trip to Walmart or Target. Rubbing lotion on her I put a pamper on her then shirt and pants, then lastly her sandals.

"We'll get something to eat on the way back" I told her grabbing my keys and phone walking out the door with her by my side.

Turning towards the parking lot I almost bumped into Elijah's chest.

"Where the hell did you come from" I said to myself moving around him

"Where are you going?" He asked following behind me

"Target" I answered strapping Delilah into her car seat "you riding?"

"Yes"

The drive there was short, silent for the most part besides Delilah's speech she gave when I turned into the parking lot.

I got out first taking out the baby carrier wrap, adjusting it to my liking I took Delilah out her seat and placed in it.

"Boo!" She giggles moving her hands from her eyes

"You got me" I smiled, walking into Target with Elijah following behind me, I looked around the women's side first.

B 24, where's my size

Looking through the lace bra's I had a hard time finding my size, coming across some sports bra's I decided to go with that. Taking two from the rack I went into the makeup aisle.

Face cleansers, face masks, facial cream

"Face cleanser" I said finding it

Just as I was about to turn out the aisle a tall hefty male stood their in a clown suit. Horrified I backed away quickly leaving the other way scared shitless.

Ima die, Ima die, Ima fucking die

My mind was racing a thousands miles per second, I'm terrified of clowns. Always have been since I was a kid.

"Lauren, wait!" Elijah semi-yelled jogging behind me

"Stop, let me go" I squealed trying to pull away from him "I can't breathe"

"Calm down" he said softly rubbing my back "just breathe"

"Sorry" I said after I controlled my breathing

"Don't be, we all have things we're afraid of"

"What are you afraid of?" now I'm curious, what scares this big ass man

"Sharks" he mumbled shoving his hands in his pockets

Sharks?

"Oh okay" I nod dragging my words