Drive Eight

A few students straddled slowly across the pedestrian crossing. Jennie was about to move forward when another wave of bodies came streaming across. Sitting back, she waited. She heard a car hoot from behind, but ignored it.

Finally, after the third wave, she saw an opening. Driving towards the bus stand, she scouted for a parking. Then , she thought it'd be best to get closer to the where Rosé would be. Remembering that it'd be by the science building, she leaned forward to read the different signs.

Finding the right sign, she drove upwards. There appeared to be a parking area behind the building and it wasn't as filled up as the others she's passed. Stopping, she pressed a button by the radio and heard a ringing.

"Hello?"

"Hi Rosé, I've arrived. I'm parked behind the science building," said Jennie.

"Okay, I'll be out in 5 minutes," her voice filled the car.

"Alright, see you now," said Jennie and heard the line end.

Five minutes passed and Rosé still didn't come out. Jennie looked outside and decided to get some air. She had not been out the car the whole day and the sun looked warm. Hands in pocket, she squinted as she looked up.

It was an open campus, with trees scattered everywhere. Currently they were lively and green. She leaned back on to the car and closed her eyes. She opened them again and was met by a clear blue sky. Her shoulders dropped. If only she could be as unburdened as the sky seemed at this moment.

Footsteps clambered from behind her and she heard a man's voice. Turning, she saw Rosé listening intently as he spoke with her. Jennie stepped back from the car as they made their way to her. He laughed at something and Rosé smiled with him. Briefly averting her eyes, Jennie waited for them to get to her.

"He's such a pain but we can't blame him for it. He knows his stuff," said the man and adjusted his glasses.

"You're right, he's very smart. But he's not the only one. Maybe if he let the rest of us have a word in, he could actually get something useful," replied Rosé.

Jennie held the door open and both of them stepped inside. She got in too and waited for them to finish.

"Atleast today he seemed interested in suggestions," said the man.

"You think? I don't know Chanyeol. We're meant to be a research team. Kobe clearly doesn't know how to handle that," she said.

"I guess so," he replied. Rosé peered at the mirror and saw Jennie blankly looking ahead. Sliding forward, she moved over to see her fully.

"You alright?" she asked and Jennie nodded as she look at her. Rosé smiled at her brightly.

"It's good to see you ," said Rosé and earned a short smile from the brunette.

"Where are we heading?" asked Jennie and Rosé pouted.

"Aren't you going to ask how I am? You didn't even say hi to me when we were outside," said Rosé plumping her bottom lip out.

"You were busy talking and it's not like you greeted me either" said Jennie, a bit confused.

"Jennie..." pouted Rosé, with big eyes and the brunette sighed as she spoke.

"How are you Rosé?" and the blonde grinned in achievement.

"I'm happy, now that, that's settled," she chuckled and Jennie couldn't help but giggle with her.

"You're way too much," smiled Jennie.

"Do you like it though?" asked Rosé softly and licked her lips as the brunette stared at her. They looked at each other for a long moment before they heard a cough.

Chanyeol coughed again and it got Rosé to move back. Jennie released a breath, she didn't know she was holding. Chanyeol looked between the two women and frowned.

"I didn't notice you had a new driver?" he said.

"Mmm, Jennie this is Chanyeol. Chanyeol, Jennie," she pointed and Jennie gave him a nod in affirmation.

"So where am I taking you?" asked Jennie.

"We're dropping Chanyeol off in town," answered Rosé and Jennie started the car as she heard Chanyeol murmur where exactly they should go.