Stop Five.

Wiggling her toes deeper, she watched as the water didn't fully reach her. Smiling she watched the water retreat into itself. Turning around, she took a bite of the sugar cone and headed back to where she had been sitting.

The beach was quiet, though it was a weekday. There were some surfers riding the waves and a group of high schoolers who clearly bunked school to get stoned. Other than them, there were only some older looking people scattered around trying to catch a tan.

Plunking herself down on her jacket, Jennie continued enjoying her ice-cream. The surfers were struggling to catch a big enough wave. She giggled as one of them failed terribly. Jennie finished up her ice-cream as she observed the people around her.

Drifting in her own thoughts, she soon felt a buzz underneath her. Fiddling in her jacket, she saw that there were two missed calls from an unknown number. The phone began to ring, and she pressed down to answer.

"Hello, Jennie speaking."

"Hi Jennie, its Rosé."

"Are you okay?" asked Jennie as she leaned forward.

"Yes, I am. I just uhm" Jennie waited patiently for her to continue.

"The other driver isn't as fun as you. He barely talks," sighed Rosé. Jennie smiled.

"Maybe he's taking the right approach. You know being a little strict with you. I think I've given you way too much leeway."

"Nooo, Jennie. Don't say that. Besides you like my teasing."

"I've never said that."

"You do, admit it," urged Rosé.

"Nope. Not at all."

"Jennie,"

"Rosé," her smile widened as she heard a bright giggle on the other line, "So why'd you call? Thought we'd talk later."

"I just wanted to make sure this number is actually yours and that it works."

"Damn...here I thought you missed me," Jennie exaggerated her sigh.

"I did. I would've called sooner but we had a staff meeting," rambled Rosé and Jennie laughed.

"Ah! Totally caught you," Jennie chuckled," you should've just said you missed me from the beginning."

"You're not being fair Jennie."

"All's fair in," the brunette stopped.

"Jennie?"

"Sorry, Rosé I think two eighty-year-olds are going skinning dipping," Jennie's eyes widened as she saw the couple run towards the water. The group of high schoolers cheered them on.

"Oh my God! They literally just skinny dipped. Fuck that's amazing," Jennie laughed.

"Where are you right now?"

"I'm at the beach. Waiting on Jisoo to finish a meeting by a hotel near here. She gave me money to just chill while I wait."

"You're chilling on the beach, watching old people skinny dip? Jennie I'm beginning to think your job is way more entertaining than mine," laughed Rosé.

"I even got ice-cream," said Jennie happily.

"You had ice-cream? Without me? That makes me sad. But I'm also happy you're enjoying yourself."

"We can get ice-cream again on Friday. My treat" offered Jennie.

"You promise?"

"For you? Anything," said Jennie her voice softening.

Leaning back in her chair, Rosé smiled gently at the tenderness in the driver's voice. She turned her chair around and gazed out of her office. Students were streaming across the campus, swishing over one another to get to the next class.

"I wish I was with you right now at the beach," said Rosé. Looking out as the surfers twirled in and around the rising waves Jennie nodded.

"I wish you were here too. It'd be nice to have some company," she said.

"Guess we'll just have to make up for lost time on Friday."

"What will we be doing anyway? Besides getting ice-cream."

"I'm going to take you to one of my favorite places. You'll see when we get there," said Rosé.

"What time? And should I pick you up?"

"3pm. That way you can rest for most of the day. And yes, you can pick me up at the Uni."

"Alright, we'll do that then. I'll make sure to diarise it," said Jennie.

"Great I'm looking forward to it," said Rosé. Hearing her name being called Jennie turned around and saw Jisoo waving.

"Looks like the meetings done. I need to go," said Jennie.

"Okay, thanks for chatting with me. Take care of yourself alright? I'll see you tomorrow," said Rosé.

"Thanks Rosé. I really enjoyed this call. Stay out of trouble for me ok?"

"Can't promise anything," teased Rosé.

"For me please?" Jennie reached for her shoes.

"Okay only because you sound too cute to resist right now. I promise Jennie," Rosé gave in.

"Wonderful," Jennie chuckled, "Goodbye then."

"Goodbye, Jennie."

The call ended and as she looked down she saw that they had been talking for just over an hour. It hadn't felt like that at all. In fact, as Jennie tied her shoelaces, she thought the call was too short. Dusting the sand off herself and the jacket, she made her way back towards the car and decided not to think too much about it.