Drive Thirty Five

Staring longingly up at the building, Jennie ruffled her hair. She wondered what Rosé was doing. The blonde's teary eyes flashed before her and her heart dropped. Maybe she should go back up? The thought stuck with her.

Bumping her head against the steering wheel, she started the car. Driving off, she prayed Rosé was okay. The drive home gave her some time to go over everything again. I wonder what Jisoo and Rosé spoke about? And what does Lisa mean they don't get along?

All these thoughts streamed through her. By the time, she got home, she was just more confused. Especially by her own actions. She told the blonde she needed to think about dating but here she was practically initiating sex.

"Fuck," she sighed as she got out.

"That's not your car," Jennie jumped from the sudden voice. Looking behind her, she saw that Moonbyul was standing off to the side.

"Moon, you're supposed to have quit," pointed the brunette as the other woman threw down the cigarette. The platinum blonde walked over to her and pulled her into a hug.

"Jen, I'm sorry," she whispered. Returning the hug, the driver felt as though the apology had more meaning in it.

"It's okay."

"Come on, everyone's waiting," Moon pushed her inside. They walked to the living room and Jennie saw that indeed everyone was gathered. Taemin was busy reading something while the others just looked at her.

"Jen," smiled Kai. He got up and walked over to her, "Glad your back," he ushered her to sit next to him.

"What's going on?" she asked as Taemin looked up. Irene gave her a small smile, while J.seph looked blank.

"The mission has changed Jennie. Everyone's been informed about it," Taemin nodded around the room.

"When did this happen?"

"There's more information on the Park sisters. Management ordered for me to gather the team and sort it out as a collective."

"I knew you would never just become a driver," smiled Kai and pulled her into a hug. Jennie looked at Taemin seriously. His body language was a bit off.

"We've all been told about the mission Jen and that it's a chance for our team to be reassembled into the special forces," continued Irene as she looked at Taemin.

"What have you found out about the Park sisters?" Jennie looked straight at Taemin.

"We have a new goal now," Taemin ignored her as he began to hand out pages to them all.

"You're all aware that Jennie and I had been recruited to infiltrate Park Incorporations Limited. We were able to do this by using Jennie's prison record and a past connection she has with Park, Jisoo. The operation has been slow, but fruitful," said Taemin.

"How were you involved with Ms. Park?" asked J.seph as he looked at Jennie.

"I first met her at a club, slept with her. It was a one night stand and I hadn't seen her again. Until she was arrested for the possession of narcotics. She had kept my number, knew I was a cop and asked for help."

"So you helped her?"

"Yeah, I knew who she was and she'd just started college. She needed a clean record if she stood any chance of staying in Daddy's good books. That's all I knew of that but she promised me she would come if I ever needed help," explained Jennie. J.Seph turned to Taemin.

"How did management know about that"?" he asked.

"They keep a record on all of our activities beginning from recruitment," answered Taemin.

"That's disturbing," sighed Moon.

"Park Incorporations are suspected of manufacturing and selling highly advanced technology that's been utilized by various militia groups. Specifically, in the Central African Region and, even by some military personnel in the South China Sea."

"The issue is entirely that, though right? It has more to do with this technology being sold to high members of the South Korean Mafia?" Irene wanted clarification.

"That's right. The military is leading the one half of the investigation while we're leading the one on the mafia. But there's been a shift," Taemin glanced at Jennie.

"Initially Jennie and I were just meant to gather information, increase intel. We had thought that the best way to do that was to get into the building. But it's been proving difficult to fully access the whole thing. Furthermore, we had initially thought that the brains behind everything were Jaehoon Park, the head of the Park family. But what we've found out has made things a little more complicated," Taemin shifted in his seat and continued.

"Essentially management is under the belief that Park Jisoo and Park Chaeyoung are the real culprits. We're still gathering more information but that's why the goal has shifted and why the whole team has been brought it in. We need to get more information and so all you will be stationed undercover to the inner circle of the sisters. Please look at the page," they all picked up their pages and looked down.

"Irene, Kai, and Moonbyul will be stationed as models in close partnership with Lalisa Manoban at Sage Modelling Agency. J.seph you're going to be working closely with Jeon Somin as one of her clients. The resources have been made available for you to hire her as your property developer," Taemin looked at him and J nodded.

"Jennie you're staying where you are as a driver. We need information on the sisters themselves as well as anything to do with the technology they're working on. That's our orders," finished Taemin. Everyone began to ask some questions but for the most part, everything was clear.

They dispersed to their individual rooms but Kai lingered behind, hoping to catch Jennie's attention. She was still reading through the new briefing page. Was Rosé really involved, she thought. 

"Jen could you come to my room?" asked Kai with a smile. Jennie looked at him but Taemin interrupted.

"Actually Kai me and Jennie need to talk alone. I was just about to walk her to her room," smiled their leader. Kai looked at him quizzically but Taemin urged him away. Jennie sighed in relief as she got up to go to her room.

"What do we need to talk about?" she asked as he closed the door behind them.

"This," he walked over to her showing his phone. Scrolling through, Jennie's eyes widened as she saw photo after photo of her and Rosé, Jisoo, Lisa and Somin. Some of the photos showed her and Rosé kissing.

"I can explain," she began but knew she really couldn't

"It doesn't matter. Management isn't worried about how you get information as long as  you do. In fact, they're encouraging that you continue to get closer to Ms. Park," Taemin coughed uncomfortably as he looked off to the side.

"I see," she lowered her head. Was that right? For her to use Rosé's feelings like that? The thought disturbed her immensely.

"But that isn't really why I want to chat," he moved closer and spoke in a whisper, "Management wasn't fully clear about the information they've found on the Park Sisters. All I know is that its changed the mission. Also they didn't tell me where they got the extra information. It's all just been vague commands"

"So they're withholding information from you?"

"That's my guess. For what reason, I don't know. But I want you to be cautious in whatever you're doing with Rosé. Also, for now, we need to keep it between us about my suspicions. I'll inform the others once we know more," he stepped back and moved towards the door.

"No problem Taemin. And thank you," she smiled as he left. Falling back on to her bed, Jennie closed her eyes for a moment. The thoughts overwhelmed her as she wondered what all these changes would mean for her.