Drive Forty Two

Jennie smirked every time she took a glance next to her. They had just driven on to the main road leading away from the campus. She knew the seafood spot, she wanted to go to. It was just outside of town. It wouldn't be a long drive. But Rosé was still pouting, and it was so adorable.

"Baby," she reached for the blonde's hand and squeezed it gently, "you okay?"

"Mmmmm just thinking," Rosé clicked her tongue.

"About what?" smiled Jennie.

"About what I'm going to eat," Rosé gave her a sly smile and Jennie laughed. As her laughter stifled, she bit her bottom lip purposefully and gave Rosé a small grin.

"Me too," she said breathily before turning back to the road. She heard the blonde sigh deeply and it took all of her not to giggle.

"You're doing it again Jen."

"What?"

"Playing hard to get. It's not right, especially since you broke your promise," Jennie's eyebrows furrowed.

"What are you on about?"

"You promised you weren't going to be late to pick me up tonight. And you were," Rosé shook head her as Jennie's eyes widened slightly. She had forgotten about that.

"I wasn't that late," she tried.

"Wasn't that late, still makes you late," grinned Rosé. Jennie pursed her lips, aware that the other woman wasn't bringing this up for nothing. They turned off on an intersection and into a bustling street. It was lined with different bars, each filled with a diverse group of patrons.

"I'm sorry for being late Rosé."

"Not good enough Jen," Rosé placed a hand on her chin, taking a peak at her, Jennie saw a thoughtful expression on the blonde's face.

"You forget to text me when your home, knowing I'll worry. You're late to pick me up for dinner. You refuse to wear a maid's outfit," Jennie squinted at her.

"That last one doesn't count," she pursed her lips.

"Doesn't count for what?" Rosé raised an eyebrow.

"For whatever your about to say," huffed Jennie and the blonde smirked.

"You beat the shit out of me with a pillow," continued Rosé.

"Beat the shit out of you?" Jennie roared with laughter, "Rosé why you lying!"

"You won't let me see my other child," Rosé went on with a serious look on her face, "Even though I have equal parental rights," Jennie couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"What the heck? When have I ever stopped you from seeing Rosiebear?"

"That time when it happened," reasoned Rosé.

"When was that?" asked Jennie, calling her bluff. She looked at the blonde with a big smile and knew Rosé had nothing to say.

"When I was there and you wouldn't let me see her," Rosé shook her head in fake disappointment.

"WHEN? I want dates, show me the receipts" Jennie gave her a humoured smile.

"But most importantly you refuse to feed me," Rosé ignored her question and clapped her hands as if she just threw down a trump card. Jennie couldn't stop laughing.

"I am literally driving you to a restaurant so that we can have dinner," chuckled Jennie. She was enjoying the way the blonde was playing with her. Rosé's seriousness in sprouting this nonsense made it funnier.

"You know what I'm referring to Ms. Kim. Argh I can't even look at you," Rosé turned her face away with an exaggerated sigh and it was the funniest thing. Jennie was loving this. She found a parking spot as this happened, and once the car was off, was able to laugh freely.

Seeing the brunette's happy image in the window's reflection, Rosé couldn't keep a straight face anymore. She burst out laughing as well and the two of them were on the verge of tears.

"That was fantastic," said Jennie with some chuckles still rippling through her.

"I know right," giggled Rosé, "You're so privileged to have witness such an amazing performance," she said as she leaned forward.

"Yeah I am," smiled Jennie as she leaned in as well. The kiss was gentle and as they separated Jennie nibbled on Rosé's bottom lip. She began to move back but the blonde pouted unhappily.

"No, come back. I want more," she said in a cute voice and Jennie gave her another kiss.

"Happy?" she grinned against the blonde's lips.

"Uh huh," nodded Rosé as she started leaning back.

When they separated, Jennie saw the other woman's lips were smudged with red. Frowning, she reached out and rubbed it off. Looking in the mirror, she took out her lipstick and reapplied some. Catching the blonde's reflection, she gave her a quizzical look.

"What?" she asked as she popped her lips.

"Why'd you rub it off?" asked Rosé.

"It was all on your face," shrugged Jennie.

"Yeah but maybe I wanted it to stay like that," grinned Rosé as Jennie rolled her eyes. She loved teasing the driver.

"It wouldn't have looked right," said the brunette.

"Yeah but atleast people would know that I'm yours," smiled Rosé and Jennie gave her a shy smile. This woman was too smart, thought the brunette.

"Let's go," said Jennie as she opened her door. Seeing the blush on the brunette's face, Rosé opened her door as well, happy that made Jennie smile.