Stop Twelve

Peering over the menu, Jennie ducked her head shyly as Rosé was still staring at her. The waiter had taken their order after bringing their drinks. The restaurant was buzzing and because it was open planned, the soft night breeze cooled the air.

But that coolness gave Jennie no aid in calming down the heat she felt as Rosé looked at her so intensely. Having barely given the waiter any attention, Rosé had asked for the driver to order for both of them. All the while not taking off her eyes from the other woman.

When they had gotten out of the car the blonde had taken hold of her hand and nodded for Jennie to lead the way. Rosé didn't speak much and seemed satisfied to listen to Jennie ramble about their laughing episode in the car. The blonde rarely looked away from her and the undivided attention was a little intimidating.

Feeling the menu in her hands being lowered, she saw slim fingers edging it down. Looking up, her gaze met with deep brown eyes. Though there was a grin plastered on Rosé's face, the look she was giving her was difficult to place.

"Are you hiding away from me?"

The words glittered in good humor, but they strummed on the brunette's heartstrings. As softly as the gentleness pouring from Rosé eyes.

"No," smiled Jennie but tried to pull it up. Hearing the giggle from the other side of the table, Rosé's fingers pulled the flimsy cardboard down again.

"Let me see you," she urged and so Jennie gave up. With the menu finally laying flat on the table, Rosé was able to take all of her in again. One hand on the table, she reached out and interlaced their fingers.

Smiling to herself, Rosé's eyes looked down at their hands. A blonde strand introduced itself over her face as she bowed her head. Using her thumb, she drew faint circles on Jennie's palm as she looked up again.

The night breeze had taken hold of the blonde streak of hair, moving it gently. It cascaded over Rosé's face, teasingly, alluring Jennie to reach out and tame it. Which she did. Leaning forward, her free hand, placed the streak of hair behind Rosé's ear.

The action had resulted in them being closer. Unable to hide behind anything, Jennie chose to yield to the blonde's intense gaze. As she looked at the other woman, the driver found a sense of assurance in those deep brown pools.

However, at the same time, she felt exposed. It was as if Rosé's eyes had become all hands, stretching out, undressing her, stripping away all the garments of protection she had placed on her heart.

Jennie inched closer making Rosé smile. The blonde heard the breaths escape past the other woman and their position allowed her to almost taste them. Her thumb was still drawing circles and she wondered if it was producing the same sense of electricity in Jennie as it was in her.

Two tables down from them, there was a large group of people. Their boisterous chatter echoed across the room. It must have been a celebration. The men at the table were singing happily, while the women with them urged them to quiet down. Because of the noise, other tables themselves had to speak louder.

Waiters were running around hurriedly, taking orders and bringing meals. The entire restaurant was in a state of social frenzy, with music blaring out from unseen speakers as well. And in this chaotic atmosphere, Jennie wondered how Rosé was able to make it feel like they were the only two people in the room.

A tingling sensation was working its way across Jennie's skin. Its gripped tightened on her as she fell deeper into Rosé's brown pools. Was this what it's like? Learning how to swim for the first time? Her heart clenched as she saw the other woman's gaze shift down to her lips.

But it was brief. As if Rosé didn't want her to see it. But Jennie was too immersed in exploring the blonde's face to have missed it. Rosé reached out her other hand and began to play with one of Jennie's curls. Upon her touch, Jennie had closed her eyes with a satisfied smile plastered on her face.

Being able to look at her in such peace made Rosé's mind frizzle. She wanted to tell the brunette how much she loved her, how she needed her. Should she risk it? Lowering her hand, she stopped herself. She couldn't. Not yet. It would be too soon. She needed to learn from the last time.

To distract her from the internal conflict, she stopped playing with the curls and guided her index finger gently down Jennie's face. It stopped at the corner of the driver's lips and the movement had made Jennie open her eyes.

Rosé stared intently at her lips as she traced the border of Jennie's mouth. She was careful not to touch her lips, not wanting to ruin the brunette's lipstick. Jennie saw how the blonde's eyes glazed slightly, it made her heartbeat rush.

As if she had heard Jennie's thought, Rosé looked up at her. No, thought Jennie, she was looking through her. With her eyes unmoving from Jennie's, Rosé took that same finger and guided it to her own mouth. Sucking on it softly, she moved it back towards Jennie.

Spreading her lips open, Jennie silently asked her to place the finger in her mouth. Rosé did just that and Jennie sucked lightly on the blonde's finger. She swirled her tongue around Rosé's fingertip and it matched the circular motions the blonde was still drawing on her palm with her other hand.

Rosé's gaze was entirely focused on the brunette's mouth and her finger inside of it. Unconsciously, she licked her lips and the sight made Jennie clench her legs together. She could taste Rosé but wanted more. Releasing the blonde's finger, she leaned forward to claim a kiss. But then their food arrived.

"Two orders of lobster with roasted veggies," smiled the waiter, unaware of what he'd interrupted.

"Thank you," smiled Rosé as she leaned back so that he could place her plate in front of her. He put the food down diligently and picked up the menus.

"Would you like anything else?" Rosé looked at Jennie and saw the dark look on her face. Turning back to the waiter, she kept her smile.

"No, I think we're good for now," she said and he walked off with a happy nod. Aware that Jennie's mood had shifted, Rosé tried to lighten the air.

"Look Jen, you can finally have your lobster," she clapped happily. Unable to not be affected by Rosé's bubbly energy, Jennie gave her a small smile.

"Yeah it does look good," she murmured as she picked up her napkin.

"Let's enjoy it," beamed Rosé and didn't hesitate to dig into her food. Chuckling at the blonde's enthusiasm, Jennie resigned herself to claiming that kiss later.