The Original Narrative

There was a large gasp around the room as they watched the footage. Taehyung stood up in shock as the film played.

"That's my sister..." he couldn't believe what he was seeing. Jennie had been in a coma for over a year now. But there she was, on the screen, in a park, walking away from...

"What is this?" asked Kai as they watched Jennie walk off as a man who looked exactly like him run to catch up with her. The man in the black suit and red tie who was leaning against the wall walked to the front of the room.

"This is what Park Chaeyoung has created. The opportunity to travel to other worlds. See other versions of yourself," said the man. Kai looked at him skeptically.

"Is this what has caused Jennie to be in a coma?"

"Most likely. We don't have the full details yet. As we have just acquired the technology and are exploring the different worlds. But we do believe your fiancé's state is connected to the activity of Ms. Park and her cohort," he straightened his tie.

"Have you found her yet?" asked Taehyung.

"Unfortunately your sister's kidnappers are quite good at hiding. We're still in the process of," Kai slammed down his fists.

"What the fuck are we paying you for?! Get Jennie back to us," he pointed and the man's red tie shimmered slightly as he gulped.

"Mr Kim, we will locate Jennie's body,"

"Why do you make it sound like she's dead?!" Taehyung glared at him.

"Oh no she's not dead. Uhm," the man coughed, "What I meant is we'll find Jennie and on top of that we'll figure out how to get her out of her coma," he looked across the room. Everyone turned to Kai and Taehyung expectantly.

"You can do that?" asked Kai.

"I assure you we can Mr. Kim. We just need your time and patience. And of course a little more funding," he added slyly.

"Kai," Taheyung turned to him with desperate eyes and Kai understood.

"Okay. I don't care what you do. We'll give you the money. Just get Jennie back to us."