Drive Forty Eight

The atmosphere was tense as Jisoo tried to make small talk at the table. Lisa wasn't saying anything and Somin had noticed how the model pulled her chair a bit too far away from her. They'd come out of the room and her heart had warmed seeing the breakfast Lisa had made for them.

But the gray haired women just nodded when they gave her their thanks and she moved away from her when she tried to kiss her. Somin's eyes dropped as Jisoo did the talking for all of them. She needed to speak to the redhead again, they needed to tell Lisa.

"It's so annoying how my dad just expects us to just do what he says. As if Chaeyoung's going to listen to me and I definitely don't want to do this deal either," said Jisoo as she grabbed another pancake.

"He's such an asshole. People just need to come to his beckoning. Wants them to say how high when he tells them to jump. Piece of shit" continued Jisoo.

"Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it," murmured Lisa and Somin looked up in surprise.

"What's that suppose to mean," shrugged Jisoo.

"I don't know. Maybe you have more in common with your Dad than you'd like to admit," said Lisa as she placed down her utensils to fully look at the redhead.

"Lisa," Jisoo bowed her head, avoiding the model's accusing eyes. Somin tried to grab hold of her hand but Lisa placed her hands on her lap.

"I need to get ready for work," said Lisa as she got up.

"Baby," said Somin and it made Lisa stop. But Somin couldn't find the words for what she wanted to say. Seeing nothing was going to be said Lisa headed to the bedroom. Slumping back in her seat Somin looked at Jisoo gravely. But the redhead just shrugged her shoulders and moved in for another pancake.

Rosé and Jennie gave Bendrick sheepish smiles as he looked at the damage of the car. Sighing, he took the keys from Rosé and murmured how he doesn't get paid enough. Chuckling as he walked off, Jennie placed her hands in her pockets as they walked to the other car.

"He seemed unimpressed," she smiled.

"Don't worry, he'll be replaced soon anyway," said Rosé with a grin.

"He's getting fired?" Jennie's eyes furrowed, Bendrick seemed to be great at his job.

"No, just an upgrade. Bringing in a newer model," shrugged Rosé. Jennie was about to ask but then a car zoomed into the parking area, stopping in front of them. The driver got out and opened the door, revealing Jisoo.

"Well well well, look who decided to come in to work today," chuckled the redhead as she walked up to them. The driver briskly jumped back into the car to park it in its original space.

"Hello Jisoo," smiled Jennie.

"Hello," she bowed at them. 

"It's a good thing I caught you actually," said Jisoo as she looked at her sister.

"I have something to discuss with you," she lowered her voice and Rosé saw the seriousness.

"Me too actually. We should make plans," she smiled at her sister but Jisoo shook her head.

"It's quite urgent. Do you have time now?" glancing at Jennie, Rosé nodded.

"Yeah, we can talk now."

"Great, meet me in my office. Jen, Lisa needs to be picked up in about 30 mins. I'll text you the address" looking between the two sisters Jennie knew, she was being sent away purposefully. Jisoo headed to the elevator, stepped in and gave Jennie a wave.

Biting her lip, Rosé gave her an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry. I know I said we could get some coffee before heading to the university."

"It's fine. Seems like Jisoo really wants to talk," Jennie glanced at the elevator.

"Yeah, seems like it. Anyway, I'll message you when I'm done," said Rosé.

"Okay," said Jennie and they kissed softly. Watching the blonde walk into the elevator, she waved once more before the doors closed.

Getting into the car, she saw that Jisoo had sent the address. Checking some of her other messages, she saw there were some on their "mission" group chat. Taemin was requesting a meeting. Probably to go through any information they've gathered so far. Typing her availability, she buckled up and made her way to pick up Lisa.

When she arrived at the agency, she saw that Kai was standing outside with the gray-haired girl. Stopping in front of them, they got in together.

"Hey Jen, if you don't mind can you drop Kai off at his place? It's on the same route as mine," asked Lisa.

"Sure thing" nodded Jennie and saw the smile on Kai's face, "Who am I dropping off first?"

"Me," said Lisa as she leaned back, "Also Kai this is Jennie. Jennie this is Kai, he's a fellow model. Just started with the agency."

"It's a pleasure to meet you," she bowed her head.

"It's nice meeting you too," he nodded. He and Lisa began to chat softly, as Jennie focused on the road.

"You should ask Jisoo if we can have our work party at Park Incorporations. I've heard they host some bangers and the place is huge," said Kai.

"Mmmm doubt she'll let us," sighed Lisa.

"Why not. Besides, it could save the agency some money if you get your big wig girlfriend involved," he chuckled. Amused Lisa thought.

"There's no harm in asking right," she laughed as he nodded eagerly. They had a work party organized this weekend but the venue had pulled out unexpectedly, their bosses were asking all of them to look for a new one.

"Exactly," his eyes glanced at Jennie before returning his attention to Lisa, "you should bring all your friends. And both girlfriends. I'm so keen to meet them."

"Are you bringing people?"

"Not too many but I have invited some friends."

"Yeah Jisoo and So will come. Rosie would be keen," Lisa looked at Jennie, "Jen would you like to come? You can chat with Rosé about it, come together?" Lisa smirked as she saw Jennie get a little flustered at hearing the blonde's name.

"Why would she have to talk to Rosé?" asked Kai.

"Cause she and Rosé got a thing going on," sang Lisa and laughed as Jennie swerved the car a little.

"Lisa," Jennie glared at her but the model continued laughing.

"What are you two anyway? She can't stop talking about you, it's so clear she's already," Lisa was cut off by Kai.

"Are you and Rosé dating?" Jennie knew he wasn't asking out of curiosity.

"Are you kidding. Look at some of the pics of them cuddling Rosie sent me the other day," snickered Lisa as she showed her phone to Kai and then to Jennie.

"Look how fucking cuuute you guys are. Rosé said you got so embarrassed when you saw her shirtless," laughed Lisa fully oblivious to the redness on Jennie's face and the way Kai tensed his jaw.

"Why did she send you those. Aish," Jennie glanced at Kai, not knowing what to say. Lisa continued her teasing as they drove on to her place. She wondered why Kai had gone quiet suddenly but didn't really care. Seeing the blush on the driver's face was way too fun and she was going to get as much out of it as possible.