What you see isn't always what you get

Rubbing her face, Hyuna blew out some air. The others looked around at each other with baited breaths. Jisoo grinned, each time Rosé or Jaehyun explained their quest to end the curse, it sounded even more bazaar.

And really the questions Hyuna had raised were valid. Did they know if what they were doing affected other narratives? Would they be able to fix that if it's true? Is all this traveling damaging their minds? Their bodies? They were all still in the early stages of the research. Rosé and Jaehyun didn't really know what effect they could possibly be causing.

"Taemin gave me a brief rundown of what the two of you were doing. But Jae even still we don't know what the repercussions could be," said Hyuna.

"We're aware. But Eclaire has spoken to me before and told me that this had to be done," said Jaehyun. Sighing deeply Hyuna sat up.

"Okay. We can discuss that more when we're back home. Let's just figure out how to get Rosé and Jennie so we can leave. The Council already have their men here and we need to make sure they don't catch any of us," she said.

"Since the cottage is swamped with the police. The other portal we can use is the beach house. We'll gather all our things. I'm going to get Rosé tomorrow and then after that, we just need to get Jennie," she continued.

"Do you think Rosie's spoken to Jennie yet about everything?" asked Lisa as she looked at Jisoo.

"I don't know. Rosé's been struggling to awaken her," said Jisoo.

"Well then we'll just have to work our way around that," said Hyuna.

"Are you saying we're just going to take her by force?" asked Jimin.

"If that's what we have to do," sighed Hyuna, "We could just leave her here," she said but Jaehyun vehemently shook his head.

"She's the only reason we've all been stationed in this narrative. She's the only reason Chae even began all this shit. We can't leave her," he said.

"That's what I thought. So I guess if she doesn't want to come with, we'll just have to take her with by force," sad Hyuna.

"Is that right?" asked Dahyun

"Chaeyoung needs to come back and reset the technology. And if she's not leaving without Jennie then Jennie just needs to come with," huffed Hyuna.

"That's a little cold," said Jimin but Jisoo laughed bitterly.

"The truth normally is," she said and they began to discuss their plans further.

Feeling her head pain, Jennie picked up the glass of water and drank. Her mind had been filled with everything Rosé had told her. It didn't sound real but something was telling her to trust the blonde. Moreover, Steza had suddenly gone M.I.A  so she couldn't ask her advice either.

Getting up, she headed to the kitchen to make herself some tea. As she waited for the kettle to boil, she heard the front door close. Kai came in and gave her a smile.

"Hey Jen, you're home," he took off his gloves.

"Yeah, about to get some rest now," she nodded.

"Oh nice. Where were you today," he sat down.

"Just saw a friend," she said.

"Cool. How are they?"

"They're okay," she turned hearing the kettle click.

"Next time you should ask one of us to go with you. It's not safe yet. With Jisoo still on the run," he said.

"I can protect myself Kai," she stirred.

"I know. I just want you to be safe," he said and she picked up her cup.

"Thank you but you don't have to worry," she said and left him. Getting up he went to his room and changed his clothes. Heading out again, he wanted to do some more research at the office. When he drove out, he saw the red car again. Pausing he stared at it but the driver didn't move. Did he follow me? He thought but as he drove off he saw the car wasn't driving after him. Ignoring it, he focused on the road and wondered how they could catch Jisoo.