Drive Fifteen

Yawning, Jennie pulled up behind the science building. There was bunches of students walking everywhere. Leaving her hat in the car she got out and stretched her legs. It had been another eventful morning. Except this time, it involved Lisa.

She had picked the model up at Jisoo's apartment with two bags in hand. They then had to drive to Somin's place, where Lisa took the bags inside. She was in the property developers house for just over an hour, before emerging with her hair disheveled and lipstick smudged.

Jennie didn't want to know and thankfully Lisa appeared like she wasn't going to acknowledge it either. They had driven in stiff silence until they got to the Agency. Jennie had wished her a wonderful day and Lisa did the same.

Now, she was finally getting some much needed air. A group of boys walked passed her and one nearly fell flat on his face. His friend's chuckled at him, but they all stared at Jennie as if they've never seen a female driver before.

She looked at them with a blank face and they quickly scurried away. Shaking her head, she took in the big building in front of her. The bricks were rich in colour, with brown and red spots sketching a beautiful pattern. There were green vines along the walls, sprawled like a spider's web.

"This must be the most interesting wall in the city, with the way you're looking at it," said the sweet voice. Jennie turned and was faced with a smiling Rosé. They looked in to each other's eyes and Jennie noticed the blonde's pupil's increase in size a little.

Rosé reached out a hand and placed a loose strand of brown hair behind Jennie's ear. The driver lowered her gaze and turned back towards the wall. Rosé studied Jennie's side profile for a while longer, before turning too.

"It's pretty, in its own way," said Jennie as she placed a hand on the wall.

"Yes it is. I think this is one of the oldest buildings on campus," said Rosé.

"I can see that, it's still in good shape by the looks of it," Jennie placed her hand back in her pocket.

"They say it use to be a fortress, or something. Back in the day when there was wars between different clans. I don't know how true that is but I guess it's nice to have a little myth around the building," said Rosé and began to walk to the car.

"Ever seen a ghost of the past roaming in it?"

"Some people have. They say a spirit of a former samurai general lurks the halls whenever there is a blood moon. The story goes that he was horribly slain during a duel of honour," said Rosé.

"Sounds like he didn't just loose, but loose badly," said Jennie.

"Mmmm it's said that the duel wasn't done properly and because of that he's been banished from resting peacefully," they reached the car.

"Sounds tragic," said Jennie.

"I've personally never seen it but I know some colleagues who have," shrugged Rosé. Jennie nodded and moved to open the door for her but the blonde shook her head.

"I want to sit in front," she said.

"Okay," said Jennie and closed the back door. Rosé opened the passenger seat herself and got in. Hurrying to the other side Jennie followed.

"Is there a reason why you're sitting in the front today?" Jennie gave her small grin

"I don't know, I thought it would make me feel closer to you. There's so much distance between us when I'm at the back," pointed Rosé and to her complete shock she saw a blush emerge on the brunette's face. Jennie reached for her hat, but Rosé stopped her.

"Keep it off," the blonde smiled knowingly and Jennie could feel she was getting hot.

"Oh..okay," she stammered and left the hat at her feet.

"You look tired," said Rosé.

"It was an early morning today," said Jennie as she drove them out of the campus.

"Have you atleast eaten?"

"No, I'm going to get my lunch parcel, after I finished dropping you off."

"What? That's like," Rosé looked at her phone, " In two and half hours."

"It's alright," shrugged Jennie.

"No it's not. Not on my watch. We're going to have lunch," decided Rosé.

"Don't you have an appointment now?"

"It can wait. You're more important. I can't have you sitting, hungry, waiting for me. That's just not kosher," Rosé shook her head.

"Rosé it's not that big a deal. You need to get to your appointment," they came to a red light.

"Jennie please take us to Narona's, it's a small Italian restaurant on Main Street," said Rosé.

"I've been there," said Jennie and glanced at the blonde, "are you sure?" and Rosé nodded her head adamantly. Chuckling at her stubbornness, Jennie changed course. Though it had only been a day without driving the astrophysicists, she didn't know much she'd missed her company until she was with her.  Listening with a small smile as Rosé complained about something at work, Jennie found her mood brightening.