Drive Forty Four

Sniffling Jennie hugged Rosiebear tightly. Her mind had been replaying their conversation and each time she felt more certain she wouldn't be able to do it. Reaching out in the darkness, she found her phone.

The cashier handed Rosé the bandages with a frown on his face. It was a dingy convenience store, and the sign outside was only half lit. She'd struggled to drive with her hand bleeding and knew she had to cover it up. This had been the first place she found.

Looking behind the cashier, she saw small bottles of liquor on the first three shelves. Nodding to the cashier she asked if he could give her a bottle of tequila. He had a skeptical look in his eyes, but then she guided his eyes down to her hand with her own.

Pursing his lips, he appeared to understand. She gave him the cash and waited for her change. As he was busy packing everything up for her, she felt her phone vibrate. Needing to use her other hand, she took it out slowly.

Seeing who it was, she answered immediately.

"I lied," said a trembling voice. Rosé's face turned serious and the cashier was surprised by the glare. Shaking her head, she pointed to her phone and he nodded understandingly.

"I won't be okay tonight," continued Jennie, "fuck time and space. I just want you to be with you. I need you," she clutched on to Rosiebear as she bit her lip in nervousness.

"Jen," whispered Rosé as she closed her eyes.

"Please..." Jennie's emotions were building up again, she could feel her eyes flickering with oncoming wetness.

"I'm coming back," decided Rosé as she picked up the bag and gave a nod of thanks to the cashier. Hearing no response, she spoke again.

"Jen, I'm coming back. I'm coming to fetch you," Rosé placed the carrier bag on the passenger seat. Her mind filtered back to what Jaehyun had told her:

"Remember, don't force anything. Don't force her into anything this time. Make sure she knows she's in control of what she wants. Enjoy your dinner," he whispered.

Placing the phone on loudspeaker, Rosé wondered if she was doing the right thing. She just needed to go with the flow, she thought. That's right, she urged herself, trust your instinct.

"You are?" Jennie sat up, not expecting this.

"Yes, you need me so you'll have me. What my baby wants, she gets remember," Rosé chuckled softly as she passed some green lights.

"You mean it?" Jennie's heart was soaring.

"Yeah, I'll be by you in 10 mins," said Rosé.

"Okay, I'll be waiting," said Jennie softly.

"I know," Rosé smiled as they ended the call.

Yawning Taemin rubbed his nose as he sank into his chair. Staring ahead, his attention returned when the laptop's light began to dim. Pressing a button, the screen stayed up. Flicking his fingers, he stood up to stretch his legs.

The room was small, but it made due for a make-shift home office. Walking around a little, he stopped, sat on the desk and twisted his neck, left and right. Rubbing it to ease the tension, his head turned back to the laptop.

This was taking too long, he thought. Wondering if he should call her tomorrow, he weighed up his options. As he thought a bright light passing through the window made him perk. Going to see what it was, he peered outside.

He saw a black car parked out in their driveway. Frowning he was about to go and question who it was. But then he saw her figure approach. Eyebrows raised he watched as the two women embraced.

Jennie buried her face into Rosé as she felt the blonde's hold tighten. Rosiebear was still in her hand but she didn't care. Leaning back, Rosé frowned as she saw how red the brunette's eyes were.

"You've been crying? Did I do this? Fuck baby, I'm sorry," she kissed each of Jennie's eyelids.

"I'm okay now. I'm with you," said Jennie softly and Rosé couldn't help but smile. The brunette's pink pajama's made her look ten times cuter.

"So, do you want to come over to my place or can I come in?" asked Rosé as she pointed to the house but Jennie shook her head.

"We need to go to yours," taking a step back, she hugged Rosiebear to her chest.

"Okay, let's go," nodded the blonde and they got in the car. Picking up the bag, Jennie sat in the passenger seat. When she looked at the contents, she frowned.

Looking over at the blonde, she finally noticed the large crack on the driver's side window. Blanching, she placed Rosiebear and the bag in her lap. As the blonde started the car, she saw her hand.

"Rosé what happened?" Jennie looked at her hand and the blonde smiled sheepishly.

"Oh yeah. Uhm....life," she laughed unconvincingly. Frowning, Jennie reached for the hurt hand.

"What did you do baby? Aish we need to clean this," said the brunette.

"It's nothing, okay? Don't worry, we'll bandage it when we get to my place," she smiled as she drove them off.

Throughout the drive, Jennie couldn't stop taking stolen glances at the blonde. This woman was making her act irrationally and she didn't mind. Because being with Rosé felt that good. Their eyes met and the blonde smiled.

"Ninibear's going to be happy to see her mommy and sister," she grinned as Jennie ducked her head shyly, holding Rosiebear closer.

"As long," Jennie swallowed so that her voice didn't crack, "as long as we're all together," she whispered and Rosé gave her an untraceable look.

"I agree. I'll try my best to keep it that way. For you love, for us," she said earnestly, aware that it might be a promise she couldn't keep.