Drive Nineteen

Taking a big gulp out her wine glass, Jisoo indicated to the waiter to get her another bottle.

"Mam are you sure? It's 9:50am, maybe a cup of tea?"

He took the finished bottle and gave her a smile. Jisoo stared at him blankly and he nodded in understanding. Shaking her head, she sighed as he walked away. Shortly after she heard someone walk up to her table.

"It's far too early for this," said the hoarse voice. He was dressed in a deep blue suit with a bright Pacman patterned tie. Jisoo knew where that tie was from and she contained her eyeroll at her father's weak attempt at softening her.

"Shit, I need to figure out this word," said Rosé.

"I'm sorry I can't help," offered Jennie.

"Why don't you know this word Jennie," the blonde shook her head.

"EY! I told you before I was never good with spelling in school," she defended.

"But you're supposed to know Jennie," whined Rosé. As they stopped at a red light, Jennie turned to her. Tapping the pen lightly against her cheek, Jennie grinned at the way Rosé was pouting.

"You're asking too much Rosé," the light turned green.

"11 letters and has to do with time," murmured Rosé, ignoring the driver.

"Time," echoed Jennie as she tried to think. Rosé huffed trying to concentrate on the crossword. She drew a blank.

"Jennie..." Rosé whimpered.

"Hold on I'm just looking for parking," she said as she turned the wheel, driving around for another few minutes they spotted a free space.

"Okay, let me see," said Jennie and Rosé handed her the book.

She looked at the crossword intensely. The aircon was breezing through, calming any heat. Though it was not loud, the patter of the fan was audible. Rosé reserved any urge to ask questions. They sat in silence for some moments as Jennie thought. Soon, she placed her hand on her chin and pursed her lips.

"I don't know," she said, and Rosé threw up her hands animatedly.

"I thought you'd find the answer," said Rosé.

"I tried, "shrugged Jennie.

"I know," whispered Rosé as she took back the book.

"We're here," pointed Jennie, "Don't want to hold you up again."

"But...I can't leave until we figured out this word," said Rosé.

"So now it's a "we" situation," chuckled Jennie.

"It's always been," murmured Rosé.

"Rosé you're going to be late again and the person you're meeting isn't going to be happy," said Jennie.

"We need to figure out this word," continued Rosé.

"Remember what happened with your Dad? You shouldn't repeat it," encouraged Jennie.

Rosé didn't respond and began to fill in a different word that she knew. Jennie raised an eyebrow at her. The blonde continued to fill in other words and to the driver, it appeared the words were coming very easily. She was about to mention this, but Rosé spoke first.

"So uhm...you haven't said anything about Friday yet," Jennie barely heard her. Rosé didn't look up from the book.

"Oh yeah," said Jennie.

"So...are you free to spend the day with me?" Rosé asked softly.

"Yeah I'm free, we just need to decide on a time and where to meet," said Jennie. Rosé took out her phone and handed it to the brunette.

"Like you said I shouldn't keep my appointment waiting. Add your phone number and then we can talk about it later. If I'm not mistaken I'm getting another driver after this," said Rosé.

"That's right. I've been booked to drive Jisoo for the rest of the day," said Jennie. She typed in her details and handed it back.

"Thought so. That means we won't see each other again. I'll just message you," said Rosé as she smiled brightly at her phone.

"No problem," nodded Jennie.

"I guess I should go now. Have a good day Jennie I'll see you tomorrow," said Rosé.

"Bye Rosé, keep well," waved Jennie. She stayed to watch her walk into the building, driving off only once the blonde hair disappeared behind the glass doors.