Drive Sixty

Seeing how the sun was setting, Taemin sighed deeply. Looks like he wasn't going to receive a reply from Hyuna now either. Leaving her a few more messages, he walked out and locked the cottage up. Ruffling his hair as he got into his car, he drove off.

Peering between the blinds, Rosé scanned the roads. There was no movement, and everything seemed still. But she continued to move her eyes around, looking for any sign of a car. Behind her, Somin and Jennie were laughing at Lisa's story. Seeing some headlights, Rosé squinted but she released a huff when it was just a station wag turning into one of the neighbouring garages.

"Chae," said Jisoo. Rosé flinched slightly as she felt Jisoo's hand on her shoulder. Turning around, she saw her sister holding out a drink for her. Thanking her, she took a big gulp of it. The drink burned down her throat, it was ridiculously strong.

"Sorry, I might've poured a little too much whiskey in it," laughed Jisoo seeing her sisters face.

"It's fine," said Rosé as she took another sip looking out the window again.

"What's up with you? You seem a little on edge," said Jisoo.

"Mmmm just got a feeling," said the blonde and turned to face Jisoo fully.

"Ha it's never good when you get those," huffed Jisoo as she sipped her drink. Looking behind her sister Rosé saw the other three women talking softly with each other. Pulling Jisoo aside with her, she whispered.

"Listen Chu, we need to tell Dad to bring Jimin to us by Sunday," said Rosé.

"Wait what?" Jisoo frowned.

"We need to have Jimin back by Sunday. I'm going to tell Jennie everything this weekend as well," said Rosé.

"Why the rush?"

"I just got a feeling," said Rosé as she peered at the window again.

"I wondered what those two are conspiring now?" smirked Somin as her eyes pointed to Rosé and Jisoo whispering in the corner.

"Probably sending each other veiled threats of who's gonna kill the other first," remarked Lisa and Jennie laughed.

"Their relationship isn't that bad," said the brunette and Lisa pulled a face. Jennie laughed and Lisa giggled too.

"What you planning on wearing tomorrow Jen?" asked Somin.

"I don't know yet," shrugged the brunette.

"Well there isn't a theme so you can dress how you want," said Lisa.

"Okay, what are you going to wear?" asked Jennie.

"My birthday suit," said Lisa and Somin's mouth dropped.

"It's a work party baby," said Somin.

"I'm kidding," chuckled Lisa, even though she hadn't been kidding. Jennie laughed at her absurdity and turned to glance at Jisoo and Rosé who seemed to be in a heated conversation.

"How the fuck do you expect me to convince him? We've already signed the contracts," said Jisoo.

"Then tell him to just tell us where Jimin is and then we'll get him ourselves," said Rosé.

"Why don't you tell him yourself," sighed Jisoo.

"Let' talk to him together. Call him together and make our demands," said Rosé.

"Why didn't you say something yesterday when we still had time to negotiate the contract?" Jisoo looked at her bewildered.

"I didn't have this feeling," said Rosé and Jisoo shook her head a little disgusted.

"We always have to go off your fucking feelings. Do you even think?" she whispered angrily. Things were always so cryptic with Chaeyoung, nothing was ever clear and Jisoo was beginning to grow tired of it.

"I'm fucking thinking right now. Jisoo something is off. Please for the love of god just trust me," said Rosé aggressively

"When have I not trusted you!" whisper-shouted Jisoo. Rosé was about to reply but they both turned at the sound of Somin's voice.

"Are you two okay?" she asked and they both nodded with tight smiles.

"Yeah baby, we're actually done talking," said Jisoo as she gave Somin a kiss. They walked back to the dining area, with Rosé following close behind. Jennie and Lisa were still chatting when they all returned. Their dinner went on smoothly for the rest of the evening and soon it was time to go.

"Thank you so much for tonight," said Jennie as she hugged Lisa and Somin. Jisoo and Rosé were standing by the car, off to the side, talking again.

"Please Chu," said Rosé and Jisoo nodded as she rubbed her face.

"Okay okay. Fuck you're annoying," she sighed, "I'll set up the call tomorrow. Just make sure you're on time," she huffed and Rosé nodded.

"Thank you," she said and stepped back. The others came to them and Jennie hugged Jisoo goodbye while Rosé hugged Lisa and Somin. When they were in the car, they hooted as the others waved them off.

"Is everything alright with you and Jisoo?" asked Jennie.

"Yeah," said Rosé and peered into the mirror wondering if she'll see any cars.

"It just seemed a little tense between you two," said Jennie and Rosé smiled as they turned the corner.

"It's always like that with us."

"Lisa told me something similar. Do you two not get along?"

"It's not that. It's just that we disagree on some important things. But I do trust her with my life and vice versa I hope. I love my sister, but our relationship hasn't always been the easiest," Rosé spoke honestly.

"I see," said Jennie.

"Am I dropping you off at your place?" asked Rosé breaking Jennie from her thoughts.

"Sorry?"

"Am I taking you back home tonight?" she repeated, and Jennie shook her head.

"I thought I could stay another night," she spoke softly and Rosé smiled as she reached for the brunette's hand.

"Good. I thought so too," she said happily and squeezed Jennie's hand.

"Is everything set up?" asked Kai.

"Yes it is. Management doesn't want to waste a moment. They're afraid they might flee. Not that it will help since we have concrete evidence now," said Jaejoong.

"Cool. Thank you," sighed Kai.

"Thank you too. I got the promotion the moment I handed over the evidence," said Jaejoong.

"Cool," nooded Kai as he walked to his window.

"You'll get what you want too, sooner than expected" confirmed Jaejoong and Kai nodded.

"I can't wait," he chuckled into the phone as he listened to Jaejoong give him some more details.

Taemin clicked on his office lights and locked the door behind him. Heading to his seat he opened his laptop, ready to do some more research. Blowing up his cheeks, he opened his emails and saw that there were quite a few. Rolling his eyes as he saw some from the police department, he got up to go make himself some coffee, aware that this was going to be a long night.