HE'S GONE

*Y/N

"Please Tony, come back to me..." I said while sobbing. I hugged his dead body to mine and looked around and saw them kneeling for Tony. 

"Come on, Y/N." I heard Rhodey said as he held my shoulders. I looked up at Tony and I held his face and place one last kiss on his lips. The last time I'm going to feel his lips, personally. Then, I broke the kiss and let Rhodey helped me stand. I walked away from Tony's dead body and I felt myself getting weaker and weaker. I felt myself lost all the energy in me, since Tony died. I let Rhodey take me back to the unruined space of what's left with the compound. Steve was carrying Tony's body. Then, they found us a way to bring Tony to the Avengers Tower.

~After an hour~ 

All the heroes were here at the tower. Bruce and Doctor Strange told me that they will take care of Tony.

"Y/N. Me and Strange will fixed him up." Bruce said. 

"Don't." I said. As I looked at him.

"What do you mean?" Strange asked. 

"I want the kids to see him, still in his suit. I want to let the kids know that their father died as a hero." I said. Just in time, we heard the elevator door opened and there we all saw the happy kids, Pepper and Happy are looking at me with grim.. The kids ran to me and I gave the three of them a hug. I broke the hug and wiped my tears. 

"What's wrong mommy? Weren't you happy to see us?" Tal asked. Oh God...

"Where's Daddy?" Morgan asked.

"I thought you're going to pick us up?" James asked. 

"Kids, follow me and uncle Rhodes." I said and I held Rhodey's arm for support. He put his arms around me and we lead the kids to the lab and they saw their father lying down the table, still with his suit and the wounds. 

"Daddy?" James called. The three of them walked near Tony while me and Rhodey stayed on the doorway. I put my hands on my mouth and I put my head on Rhodey's shoulder and cry. 

"Mommy? What happened to daddy?" James asked. He's really a daddy's boy. I looked at Rhodey and he signed me to go near the kids. I walked near them and saw them standing on the burned sight of their dad. I went in front of the kids and I held Tony's hand in mine. 

"You know about mommy and---daddy's mission, right?" I began as my voice began to shake and crack.

"Yes." They said.

"Daddy made a heroic sacrifice..." I said and I burst into tears. "Daddy save the Universe, kids." I said.

"Is he--dead?" Tal asked. I looked at them and saw tears falling down their eyes. I bit my lip and nodded my head. 

"I'm so sorry, kids. Mommy didn't save daddy. I--I tried to, but I really can't.." I said and cried. 

"Daddy!!" The kids said and they cried. Rhodey grabbed a stable bench for them to stand. He stand behind them while the kids hugged their father. I went into Tony's head and kissed his cheek. 

"I'm so sorry, kids. Mommy is very sorry.. Will you forgive mommy?" I asked. The kids looked at me. They went down the bench and ran to me to give me a hug. I hugged them back tightly and I kissed their heads. 

"It's not your fault, mommy." Tal said. 

"We're just sad that daddy won't be with us." James said. I nodded my head and I stand. 

"Why don't you say your good byes to daddy? Your daddy told me to tell you guys that he loves you so much." I said as they went back to the bench. 

"Daddy, I will miss you. I love you so much." Tal said and she kissed Tony's burned cheek.

"You will be my forever favorite superhero, daddy. I love you too daddy. I will miss you so much." James said and he kissed his father. Since, Morgan is little. Rhodey carried her and she cried. 

"I love you 3000, daddy. Come back, please." Morgan said. Rhodey left with the kids, leaving me alone with Tony. 

"It feels like a brick just fell down on me, Tony. You were my everything. And you'll forever be." I held his hand and cried. "I know I said that we're gonna be okay, but I won't be okay, emotionally. Cause I lost my other half, I lost you, Tony." I wiped my tears and I took deep breaths. 

"I will miss everything. I will miss you, your smile, sarcasm, jokes, laugh, your eyes, lips--just everything." I breathe out. 

"I'm sorry about our arguments. What do I have to do for you to wake up on this table right now? I tried my powers to heal you, but it wasn't working. You're so unfair and idiotic. You don't want me to die, you want me to stay with you, but you left me! You left me, Tony and I hate you for that... I...hate...you...for...leaving me..." 

"I hate you but I still love you, you genius idiot. Come back to me, please... I need my husband, my other half, my soulmate, the father of my kids and my best friend. I need you so bad.. Please..." I said while caressing his head. I pressed a long kiss on his forehead, nose, eyes, cheeks and a passionate kiss on his lips. After a couple of seconds, I broke the kiss and I put my forehead on his. "I love you so much, Tony. I love you, whatever it takes." I stand properly and I removed his wedding ring. 

"I'll keep your ring. It's the only memory of me and you." I said and I unhooked my necklace, the one he gave on our anniversary, with a heart, with his initial and an infinity sign. I insert Tony's ring on my necklace and I put it back on me. 

"I love you Anthony Edward Stark, infinity. I'm so proud of you." I smiled at his dead body one last time, and left the room. 

~At the lake house~

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back, and something like a normal version of the planet has been restored. If there ever was such a thing. God, what a world. Universe, now. If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone, you know, to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised. But come on, you know? The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And, for better or worse, that's the reality Tal, James and Morgan were gonna have to find a way to grow up in." I played the holograph of Tony from his helmet. All of us were wearing black. Happy, Rhodey and the original Avengers were inside the house to listen to Tony's message. 

"So I thought I'd probably better record a little greeting... In the case of an untimely death on my part. I mean, not that, death at any time isn't untimely. This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow, it's– it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. That's the thing. Then again, that's the hero gig. Part of the journey is the end." We saw Tony starts to stand on the holograph and went near the helmet.

"What am I even trippin' for? Everything's gonna work out exactly the way it's supposed to." Then, Tony stops and looked straight to the kids, like he can see them. I looked at the kids and saw them crying.

"I love you 3000." Tony smiled and ended the message. I slowly stand and so does everyone else. I took a wreath with Pepper's gift to Tony decade ago. I looked at the kids behind me and saw them holding each other's hands. 

"Let's go." I told the kids and they went out first. I saw everybody looking at us while we're walking towards the small port. The kids stopped at the end and I went beside them. I looked at the Avengers and saw the kids looked at them too. 

"Hey, everyone. I appreciate the efforts of mourning with us. But this day, we'll mourn on our two fallen Avengers: Tony and Natasha. They sacrificed their lives for us to have a better living and be back to normal. This is our way of giving back our thanks and showing our love for the both of them." I said and smiled a little. They nodded their heads and I turned to the water and put the wreath on the water and let the water carry it. I kneel behind my kids and I hugged three of them. 

How can I move forward without you Tony? Tell me, please...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LAST CHAPTER WILL BE PUBLISHED IN A COUPLE OF HOURS, FIND OUT HOW WILL THE FAMILY MOVE FORWARD WITH GRIEVE AND PAIN THAT TOOK TOLL ON THEM.