BACK IN BUSINESS

*Y/N

Police, firemen and reporters immediately went to the ruined mansion. I just stood at the mansion and continued looking at the ocean, while holding Tony's ruined iron man head piece. I didn't mind officials coming to scan, secure the place, clean, took picture and took out some fire behind me. I continued focusing on the last remaining place.  I looked at the helmet and I put it on my forehead and softly wished Tony is here. Just then, I heard a beeping noise from the helmet. I slowly turned the helmet around and saw a red light flickering. I pushed the red light and saw that the helmet turned on. I put on the helmet and saw some light on the projected helmet.

"Stark Secure Server. Retinal scan: Verified." A computer voice was heard. I got confused as to why it needs to have a retinal scan.

"Y/N, it's me." I heard Tony's voice. I gasped shockingly that I finally hear his voice.

"I've got a lot of apologies to make and not a lot of time. So first off, I'm so sorry I put you in harm's way. That was selfish and stupid and it won't happen again. Also, it's Christmas time, the rabbit's too big. Done. Sorry. And I'm sorry in advance because...I can't come home yet." What?! 

"I need to find this guy. You gotta stay safe. That's all I know. I just stole a poncho from a wooden Indian." I giggled at his remark and shed tears from worry, happiness and shocked.

"Just stay safe, sweet cheeks. They might look for you too, but know that I will always love you. I gotta go, honey. I love you so much baby." Tony's voice message ended.

"I love you too babe. I love you too.." I said and I slowly removed the helmet and wiped my tears away from my face. I carried the helmet with me and went to the car. As I went there, I saw Maya sitting standing near the mansion. 

"Maya, follow me." I said as I called her. She immediately went near me and she rode the car as I rode on the driver side. I put on my seat belt and began to drive. We were quiet while we're on the road. Just then, one question popped on my head.

"Why were you at the house tonight? What was so important that you had to speak to Tony?" I asked her.

"I think that my boss is working for the Mandarin. So if you still want to talk about it, I suggest that we get ourselves someplace safe." Maya said. Just then, I looked at the road and to her with panic but, calm. How did I manage that?

"Your boss works for the Mandarin, you think? But Tony says you're a botanist, so..."

"That figures. What I actually am is a biological DNA coder running a team of forty out of a privately-funded think tank, but sure you can call me a botanist."

"This boss of yours, does he have a name?" I asked with a tint of panic on my voice.

"Yeah, Aldrich Killian." Maya said and I looked at her with shocked. Too much.. Too much happening for a day.

*Tony's POV

"The sandwich was fair, the spring was a little rusty, the rest of the materials, I'll make do. By the way, when you said your sister had a watch, I was kinda hoping for something a little more than that." I said as me and Harley walked. Just then, Harley laughed.

"She's six! Anyway, it's limited edition. When can we talk about New York?" 

"Maybe never, relax about it."

"What about The Avengers, can you talk about them?"

"I don't know, later. Hey kid, give me a little space." I said as we reached the crime scene to where the bombing happened, the same as the bombing in Chinese theater that nearly cost Happy's life. I began inspecting at the wall and saw the shadows.

"What's the official story here? What happened?" I asked the kid.

"I guess this guy named Chad Davis, used to live roundabouts, won a bunch of medals in the army. One day, folks said he went crazy and made, you know, a bomb. Then he blew himself up right here." I looked at the remains.

"Six people died, right?" I asked.

"Yeah." 

"Including Chad Davis?" 

"Yeah." I looked around the site and began examining.

"Yeah. That doesn't make sense." I said as I sat beside Harley. "Think about it. Six dead, only five shadows." 

"Yeah, people said these shadows are like the mark of souls gone to Heaven. Except the bomb guy, he went to Hell on account of he didn't get a shadow. That's why there's only five."

"Do you buy that?"

"That's what everyone says. You know what this crater reminds me of?"

"No idea. I'm not...I don't care."

"That giant wormhole, in um...in New York. Does it remind you?"

"That's manipulative. I don't want to talk about it." I said starting to have panic attack.

"Are they coming back? The aliens?"

"Maybe. Can you stop? Remember when I told you, that I have an anxiety issue?"

"Does this subject make you...make you edgy?"

"Yeah, a little bit. Can I just catch my breath for a second?"

"Are there bad guys in Rose Hills? Do you...do you need a plastic bag to breathe into? Do you have medication?" He asked as I began breathing fast and hard.

"Nope." I said. Shit! I need you Y/N.. She knows what to do when I start having this issue.

"Do you need to be on it?" 

"Probably." Just then, I tried remembering me and Y/N's dates and just being together. But the kid tried to ruining it.

"Do you have PTSD?"

"I don't think so."

"Are you...are you going completely mental?" I looked at the kid with pure shock and I looked away and tried catching my breaths. "I can stop, do you want me to stop? Do you want me to stop?"

"Remember when I said to stop doing that? I swear to God, you're going to freak me out!" I looked at him and sighed deeply and stood up fast. "Ah man, you did it, didn't you? You happy now?" I said as I ran.

"What did I say?" Just then, he followed me. "Hey, wait up! Wait, wait." I removed the jacket and went near the wall and slowly sat on the ground while breathing hard.

"What the hell was that?" The kid asked as I remove the hat, got some snow on my hand and I put it on my face. I got the snow and threw it at the kid.

"Your fault, you spazzed me out. Okay, back to business. Where were we? The guy who died...relatives? Mom? Mrs. Davis, where is she?" I asked the kid while breathing hard. 

"Where she always is." 

"See, now you're being helpful." I said. Then, I slowly removed myself from the ground and looked at the kid. 

"How do I get to her?" I asked.