DIRTY???

*Y/N

~After a while~ 

Me and Steve went to the lab when I saw Tony poked Bruce. Steve entered first and I followed behind as I sat on one of the empty tables.

"Are you nuts?" Steve said to Tony. This should be fun! I thought as I crossed my arms and just watched the kids fight.

"You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?" Tony asked Bruce.

"Is everything a joke to you?" Steve asked Tony, again.

"Funny things are." Tony said.

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny. No offense, doctor."

"No, it's alright. I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things." Bruce said.

"You're tiptoeing, big man. You need to strut." Tony said.

"And you need to focus on the problem, Mr. Stark." Steve said.

"You think I'm not? Why did Fury call us and why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables." Tony said as he began to make some good points to me.

"You think Fury's hiding something?" I asked. 

"He's a spy, baby. He's the spy. His secrets have secrets." Tony said and he returned his gaze to Bruce. "It's bugging him too, isn't it?" 

"Uh...I just wanna finish my work here and..." Bruce said and I interjected as I went near them.

"Bruce?" I asked him.

"Doctor? A beat?" Steve said.

"'A warm light for all mankind.' Loki's jab at Fury about the cube." Bruce said.

"I heard it." Steve said.

"Well, I think that was meant for you." Bruce said while pointing to Tony.

"What do you mean?" I asked Bruce, now being alert knowing my boyfriend is at stake here.

"Even if Barton didn't post that all over the news." Bruce continued.

"The Stark Tower? That big ugly--" Steve said and I looked at him and gave a look. "--building in New York?" Steve continued. 

"It's powered by Stark Reactors, self-sustaining energy source. That building will run itself for what, a year?" Bruce said.

"That's just the prototype. I'm kind of the only name in clean energy right now." Tony said.

"So, why didn't SHIELD bring him in on the Tesseract project? I mean, what are they doing in the energy business in the first place?" Bruce asked Tony and me.

"I should probably look into that once my decryption programmer finishes breaking into all of SHIELD's secure files." Tony said.

"What?" I asked shocked at what he just did.

"I'm sorry, did you say...?" Steve said. 

"JARVIS has been running it since I hit the bridge. In a few hours we'll know every dirty secret SHIELD has ever tried to hide." Tony said.

"Yet you're confused about why they didn't want you around?" Steve asked Tony. 

"An intelligence organization that fears intelligence? Historically, not possible." Tony replied.