RECOVERY II

*Y/N

~After 2 days~

Tony did what he promised me. To cure the Extremis. Now, I am outside the operating room and saw Rhodey on the glass panel outside the OR. 

"Hey Rhodes." I said as I wore my scrub cap. I wore my hospital uniform. By the way, we are at my hospital I built here in New York. I have the successful and the number 1 hospital in the US.

"Is the operation gonna be fine?" He asked. 

"I hope so. It's just, this will be my first time handling a surgery that is close to me." I said.

"You'll do good, Y/N. Tony trusted you to do this for him. It will be a success." 

"I know, I just hope I successfully operate him." I said.

"I know you'll keep your promise." Rhodey said as he patted my shoulder. I excused myself and began to wash my hands and the scrub nurse began to put on my scrubs. After I put on my gloves, I went to Tony. 

"Hey, how are you feeling, love?" I asked him.

"Just chilling. Are you okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah. Just worried." 

"Nothing will happen, okay?" He assured me. I just nodded my head and I just smiled underneath my mask. 

"Can you put down the mask so I can give you your good luck kiss." He said.

"Tony..."

"Please.." He begged. I just sighed and rolled my eyes at him. I put down my mask and I went near him and he gave me a long kiss. I broke the kiss and we both smiled. 

"I'll see you in a couple of hours." I told him.

"I'll see you in a couple of hours. Good luck." He said. 

"Thank you. I love you." 

"I love you more." He said. I put on my mask and I just sighed. 

"All right people, are we ready?" I asked the people on the OR. 

"We're ready, doc." They said. I looked up at where the other doctors and nurses were watching.

"Good morning everyone." I said as I looked at the glass panel. I went away from Tony and began explaining to the audience about the procedure I'm going to do with Tony. "We have a patient who had the shrapnel inside his heart for the past 5 years. We are going to do an open-heart surgery and get the shrapnel inside his heart. Approximately, we have 6 shrapnel, based from the X-Ray. The operation may last for 4 hours. So people.." I said as I went near Tony. I put my hand on his shoulder and he looked at me and he began to exhale deeply. 

"It's a beautiful day to save lives." I said. I nod to the anaesthesiologist and she starts to pump the anaesthesia on Tony's IV. Tony send a thumbs up to Rhodey. I looked at Rhodes and he nodded at me. As I looked at Tony, he began closing his eyes.

"I...love...you..." Tony whispered and I just smiled at him. I sighed deeply and I looked at the heart monitor. I saw an intern beside me and one nurse in front of me. 

"10 Blade.." I said. Then, the intern began to give me the blade and I began to cut open Tony's chest. As I operate Tony, I can now easily remove the shrapnel. 

~After 4 hours~

As I remove one, I raised it and show it to my intern. I let go of it and the shrapnel rise and it sticks with the magnet above me. After I removed the shrapnel, I began stitching Tony. Finally, I sighed deeply and I looked up at the audience.