PANIC

*TONY'S POV

~After a couple of hours~

"Sir, Miss Romanoff is on the phone." I heard JARVIS announced.

"Put her up." I said while I fixed the body armor.

"Stark." Nat said as I heard a Helicopter's engine on the background.

"What's up Nat?"

"It's about Y/N.." I stopped working and I just looked at the virtual screen beside me as I saw Nat's name on it.

"What about her? Tell me what happened? Is she okay??" I asked worriedly.

"She's shot and unconscious right now. We're on the way to her hospital. It's the best place we can put her. Steve was also shot, but he's safe in Washington DC."

"I'll meet you there." I immediately said. I went to my other suit and let the suit engulfed me.

"JARVIS?" I called.

"Hello sir."

"Good. Let's go!" I said and I ran towards the landing pad and fly into Y/N's hospital in New York. I can't stop thinking of Y/N's situation right now. I landed on the helicopter's landing pad of the hospital and I saw an incoming helicopter on sight. I removed myself from the suit and I saw Dr. Bailey, and her interns and I remembered O'Malley from my surgery before.

"Mr. Stark?" I heard Bailey called me.

"Yeah. My friend called me about Y/N and I just want to see my wife." I said worriedly. She nodded her head at me and they stand near me. I saw a gurney in front of us while being pushed by Bailey's interns.

"What's her status?" I asked Bailey.

"All I know is Y/N had a gun shot wound on her stomach with an exit wound. She also had a new surgery on the left shoulder from another gun shot which was a couple of days ago." Bailey said.

"A couple days?"

"Yeah, from that mission." Bailey said as the chopper began to land safely. All of us ran near the chopper. I saw Nat and Hill inside. I saw Y/N laying unconsciously on the small gurney from the chopper. I went near her and I carried her immediately and placed her safely on the gurney. Just then, all of us ran towards the elevator and went to the surgery floor. I tightly held Y/N's hand in me. I placed a kiss on her hand and another on her forehead.

"Please, wake up baby..." I told her unconscious self. Just then, the door opened and the interns pushed Y/N's gurney inside. Bailey stopped me, Nat and Hill on the elevator.

"Mr. Stark, I advised you guys to please stay on the waiting room first. This may take up to 3 hours operation." Bailey said as she pressed the hold button of the elevator.

"Bailey, please... Help her.." I said as I pleaded.

"I will, Mr. Stark." She said and she pressed the button for us and began to walk back to Y/N. The door closed and I just sighed deeply. I put my hands on my head and brushed my hair.

"Tony..." I heard Hill called me. I looked behind me and saw the two girls looking at me.

"Who?" I asked.

"The Winter Soldier." Nat replied.

"She and Steve took the toll." Hill said. Just then, we heard the elevator door opened. I looked behind me and saw Dr. Richard, the chief doctor.

"Richard." I greeted.

"Tony. Come with me guys, I'll bring you guys to Y/N's private room for you guys to stay while she's still on the surgery." Richard said. I nodded my head and I went to look at the girls and they nod. We followed Richard and led us to Y/N's executive suite room. Richard left us alone and I sat on the couch.

"Fill me up here." I said and they began talking about the following sequences.

~After a couple of hours~

The Iron Man suit is inside Y/N's room. Hill and Nat left an hour ago. I am laying on the couch with my hand on my face and tried to calm. I heard the door opened and I immediately sat on the couch as the door opened. I saw O'Malley entered the door and he smiled at me.

"She's here, sir." George said. I nodded my head and I exhaled deeply. They brought her bed inside the room and placed her to her bed place. The other nurses went out of the door. George was left on the room while checking Y/N's vitals. I went near Y/N and I held her hand as I caressed her forehead. I noticed the forming bruise on her cheek, a blow on her eyebrow, scratched wound on her cheekbone and a wound on the left corner of her lips. I kissed her head and sat on her bed as I tightly held her hand in mine.

"Mrs. Stark is fine. Her surgeries went successful. She needs to rest for a couple while." I heard George said. I nodded my head and I looked at him with tears clouding from my eyes. "Are you okay, Mr. Stark?" He asked.

"What will you feel if you almost lost the love of your life for the ninth time?" I asked.

"Ninth times? That's a lot sir.." George said.

"I know. I promised her the first time that happened, that I won't lose her. Until, it keeps repeating and repeating. All I did was protect her, but I fail her, always."

"Sir, you didn't failed. That's what we feel when we loved someone. We have this big responsibility of protecting the love of our life. I don't know what to say regarding falling in love with a superhero, but hero or not, you didn't failed, Mr. Stark." George said. I just looked at Y/N as I put her hand on my lips and kissed it longer. "I better check the other patients, Mr. Stark."

"Thank you, George." I said.

"You're welcome, sir." He said and went outside. I sat on the chair beside Y/N. I caressed Y/N's hand as I looked at our hand and into her sleeping figure.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry I'm not there when you needed me most. I'm sorry I let you down and I broke my promise to you. I love you so so much, and I can't help but think that this is my fault. You and Cap tried to save humanity. You guys tried to save us, while you're sacrificing yourself. I don't deserve you Y/N, you're too generous for me and for this world. But thank God for giving me you. You are the only reason why I'm still alive, you're the only reason why I breathe and continue life." Tears began to fall from my eyes.

"Y/N, baby... I can't continue if you're not there. So, please, wake up for me... I love you so much my love..." I kissed her hand and I rested my head on her hand. I hope she woke up soon... The sooner the better...