HOSTAGE

*Tony's POV

"Harley, tell me what's happening. Give me a full report." I asked the kid through the phone.

"Yeah, I'm still eating that candy. Do you want me to keep eating it?"

"How much have you had?"

"Two or three bowls."

"Can you still see straight?"

"Sort of."

"That means you're fine. Give me Jarvis. Jarvis, how are we?

"It's totally fine, sir. I seem to do quite well for a stretch, and then at the end of the sentence I say the wrong cranberry. And, sir, you were right. Once I factored in available AIM downlink facilities I was able to pinpoint the Mandarin's broadcast signal."

"What are we talking? Far East, Europe, North Africa, Iran, Pakistan, Syria? Where is it?"

"Actually, sir, it's in Miami." JARVIS said.

"Okay, kid, I'm gonna have to walk you through rebooting JARVIS' speech drive, but not right now. Harley, where is he really? Just look on the screen and tell me where it is." I asked not believing JARVIS.

"Um, it does say Miami, Florida."

"Okay, first things first, I need the armor. Where are we at with it?"

"Uh, it's not charging." Just then, I stepped on the brake pedal and went to the side of the road. I began breathing heavily from what I heard.

"Actually, sir, it is charging, but the power source is questionable. It may not succeed in revitalizing the Mark 42."

"What's questionable about electricity? All right? It's my suit, and I can't... I'm not gonna... I don't wanna..." I stopped and oh no... It's coming again. "Oh, God, not again." Then, I opened the door and went out while breathing hardly.

"Tony? Are you having another attack? I didn't even mention New York."

"Right, and then you just said it by name while denying having said it."

"Okay, um, uh..."

"God, what am I gonna do?" I said while panting hard. Now I know what to feel whenever Y/N's not around to help me...

"Just breathe. Really, just breathe. You're a mechanic, right?"

"Right."

"You said so."

"Yes, I did."

"Why don't you just build something?" Why not? The kid has a point. I am Tony Stark, I am a genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist and I am not a quitter. I stood up from the ground and talked to the kid like nothing happened.

"Okay. Thanks, kid." Then, I went inside the car and wore my cap, and began to drive. I stopped by a hardware store. I wore the hoodie and my shade. I began my shopping to the hardware. Suddenly, I remembered Y/N. I just wished Y/N would be here with me. She would just blobbed of not liking hardware stores, though she's also an engineer, but she would prefer medicine-related shopping than dirty tools from the hardware. I chuckled at what would her reaction be and I frown. How is she? Is she safe just like what I told her? Is she gonna try finding me or is she gonna revenge like what I'm doing? She's a knucklehead, hard to make her stay put when there's danger ahead of us.