MISSING

*Y/N

It's been a few days since Tony and Rhodey went to Afghanistan. I have been back here in New York for the company. It's already past 9 o'clock in the evening when I heard my phone rang. I looked at it and it was Tony, calling through video call.

"Hey babe! How are you? How's the presentation?" I asked him.

"It was great baby. How are you? I noticed it's already night time there. Why are you still working?"

"I don't have my man here, so why not work my ass up?"

"Ohhh, let me see the ass?" He said as he smirked.

"Pervert!" I said.

"Oh hey, by the way. I miss you sweet cheeks." He said.

"I miss you more Tones. I really do." I said.

"I know you do, baby. I gotta get going, we're gonna go back to the base and I'll see you soon. I love you baby."

"I'll see you soon, babe. I love you more babe. Be safe."

"I will." He ended the call and I looked at my laptop and sighed deeply.

"Fuck work! I'm going home." I said and I turned off my laptop and I put it on my bag and I went out of my office and locked it. I went to the basement, into my car and I drove back to the hotel.

~3:38 AM~

My phone kept ringing and ringing. I groaned while stretching my arm on my nightstand and I grabbed my phone, answering without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I asked groggily.

"Y/N!! Oh my God! Something happened here in Afghanistan!" I heard Rhodey's voice.

"What happened Rhodes? Is Tony okay?!" I asked as I sat from my bed and began to get nervous and panicky.

"Tony's missing.." Rhodey said. I immediately stand and I began to pace on my room as I held my phone to my ear then, another hand went to my forehead.

"Do everything Rhodey! I can't lose Tony, please.."

"I will. I gotta go.." I ended the call and I paced again. Tears fell from my eyes and I sat on the bed and cried at the news about Tony's absence.

"Miss, your breathing and your heartbeat quickens." ARIA said.

"I know A! Connect JARVIS to my system." I said.

"Good morning Miss. How can I help you?"

"JARVIS. Can you detect Tony's location? Try searching for any signal near his accident location in Afghanistan. If you found something, give it to ARIA. We need to find Tony, J. Do you copy?" I asked the AI.

"I do, Miss Y/N. Disconnecting." JARVIS said and he disconnected his line to my system.

"A, what shall we do to help in finding Tony?" I asked as I sat on the chair and sighed deeply.

"Miss, what if you contact SHIELD and asked them for help?"

"I doubt that, A." I said.

"There maybe a possibility about it, Miss."

"A, will I be a valuable member of this Avengers Initiative?" I asked the AI.

"Miss, you're beyond of what they describe of your qualities." The AI complimented.

"Thank you A.. But right now, help JARVIS in finding Tony's location. I need him A."

"Processing, Miss."

"Thanks A."

"Why don't you go to sleep, Miss?"

"I can't sleep, not until Tony is found. I'll just finish my work. Notify me if there's a progress to your search."

"Yes Miss." The AI said. I went to my bag and grabbed my laptop and tried to focus on my work. I still can't stop worrying, panicking and getting teary-eyed knowing Tony is nowhere to be found.

~After 5 hours~

It's currently 8 o'clock in the morning. I haven't had my sleep ever since Rhodes called. I am now in my office and trying to do my work, but can't do it. I looked at my phone for the 100th times now and see no messages from Tony, or Rhodes or Stane. I grabbed my phone and called Rhodes.

"Y/N!"

"Rhodey, it's been 5 hours. Is there somewhat a lead or what?"

"Unfortunately none. We've been going back and forth to the base and to the accident area and still no lead or signal of Tony. We've tried tracing some recent heat waves and it fail." I held my face and sighed deeply as tears began to fall again.

"Y/N, I'm really sorry.."

"You promised me, Rhodey. You promised me that you'll take good care of my man." I said as I cried a river again.

"I'm really sorry Y/N. I know I promised but--"

"I--gotta go Rhodes. I need to go to my meeting." I said in excuse.

"Okay.. Take care of yourself Y/N, I promise I'll do everything that I can to find Tony."

"Thanks Rhodes." I said and I ended the call. I grabbed my bag and began to search for Coulson's number. He's the only one who might help me find Tony. When I found it, I grabbed the card and I dialed his number.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Agent Coulson. It's Y/N Y/L/N. Fury gave me your phone number and--"

"Oh! Good morning miss Y/L/N. What can I do for you?"

"Have you heard about Tony Stark's disappearance in Afghanistan?" I asked as I stood and went near to my office window and I held my shoulder.

"Yes, we have heard it. And we're sorry for what happened to Mr. Stark."

"Great! I mean--great cause you're also investigating about his disappearance. I was just about to call you and I wanted to ask a favor about that."

"We knew you'll call us. But, all we have right now is that this accident is not accidental. It was a planned attack but, we don't know who did the attack."

"Thank you for giving me just a bit of the news about Tony.." I said and sighed deeply.

"You're welcome, miss Y/N."

"I, actually called because I wanted to talked to Fury."

"What does this concern him, if I may ask?"

"It's about his offer about the Avengers Initiative."

"It's not great if we talked it over the phone. A car will pick you up in 10 mins at your office. The car will bring you to the destination and you may talked to Fury about it."

"Alright. I'll see you in 10." I said as I ended the call. I grabbed my things and went to Jessie's office to inform her that I'll go somewhere and I might not be able to return for the day. I went to the elevator and went to the lobby of the company. After the said time, a black car came and a man went down and I saw it's Agent Phil Coulson.

"Hi." I said.

"Let's proceed, miss." Coulson said as he opened the car door for me and he let me in first. He went in next and closed the door beside him and the driver started to drove to wherever the destination is.

*Tony's POV

I woke up suddenly with a tube up on my nose, laying on a cot in a cave. I ripped out the tube and tries to pick up a cup on the table beside me, but fails. I notices a man shaving and tries to reach further but is stopped by wires.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." The man said.

I realized that I'm connected to a battery. I ripped off the bandages over my chest to see an electromagnet inside my chest.