CARE

*Y/N

~The following day~

I woke up when I heard a knock on the door. I stand from the chair and I saw the door opened. The curtain was rolled and I saw Dr. Bailey and his team of interns, along with George. When they all saw Tony laying on the bed. Their mouths went wide open when they saw Tony Stark on the room. I just shushed them since, Tony is peacefully sleeping. I signed them to come and they slowly closed the door. They slowly went near Tony's bed and I went near Tony to wake him up.

"Love??? Wake up, someone will gonna check you up." I said as I slowly rubbed Tony's other shoulder. Tony slowly opened his eyes and I felt him held my hand. He looked at his other side and saw a new doctors, but he noticed O'Malley.

"O'Malley, great to see you!" Tony said and the interns and Bailey looked at O'Malley. 

"Good morning Mr. Stark. We're sorry to come in and woke you guys up." George apologized. 

"No, it's okay. It was also time to wake up." Tony replied. 

"All right. Good morning everyone. Do you know me?" I asked them. 

"Yes ma'am." The interns replied.

"Ahhh, Bailey, can I take over to ask them questions about some patients that we have encountered on this hospital." I said. Then, Bailey looked at me in shocked. I just nod at her and she nodded back.

"Alright doctors, let's see if you did your assignments." Bailey said. I signed for George to come near me.

"Check his vitals." I whispered to him and he nodded his head and he began to check his vitals. 

"Let's begin. Consider this as your examination." I said. I began asking questions to them and as expected, they answered all of my questions, even George. "Nice job everyone." I cheered them. I looked at Bailey and nod my head.

"Alright, let's proceed to Mr. Stark's chart." Bailey said. Just then, O'Malley raised his hand and we all looked at him.

"Yes, O'Malley. What can you tell us about Mr. Stark?" Bailey asked him. 

"Mr. Stark was at a bomb explosion in Afghanistan during the year 2008. From then on, he started to wear an arc reactor that makes the shrapnel inside his heart stopped from flowing inside the heart. Dr. Y/L/N performed an open-heart surgery yesterday to remove the shrapnel inside Mr. Stark's heart and with the help of an electromagnetic machine that could help Dr. Y/L/N from operating. From then on, Mr. Stark's ECG, Echo, Blood pressure, blood tests, and Myocardial Perfusion Scans were normal and stabilizing." George said. I smiled at him and I asked for Tony's files and he gave it to me and I began to scan it. I looked at it and got impressed with Tony's tests.

"Wow. Impressive. I never actually believed that someone like you can easily stabilize within 24 hours." I told Tony.

"You know me.." He said and I just chuckled. George gave me a pen and I began to sign the chart and handed it to George. 

"Nice work everybody. Impressive job again, O'Malley. Bailey, you really have a good interns with you." I complimented.

"Thank you Dr. Y/L/N." Bailey said. 

"Before you leave, make sure you guys to never breathe a word about Tony's stay here at the hospital. This will be your first executive job. Be secretive and this patient is confidential." I told them and they all nod their head.

"I guess your work here is done." I said and I patted George's shoulder. He smiled at me and I returned back the smile.

"O'Malley, you take care of Mr. Stark and you're under Dr. Y/L/N's wings." Bailey said as they slowly walked near the door.

"Hey George." Tony called him as George walk with them. 

"Yes, Mr. Stark?" George said and they all stop walking. Tony showed his fist to George.

"Thank you." He said. George went to Tony and slowly bump his fist to him.

"You're welcome, Mr. Stark. See you later." George said and he walked out of the door. But, before he walked out, he closed the curtain and went out. 

"I'm proud of you baby." Tony said as he held my hand in him. I sat beside him and I leaned near him for a kiss. 

"Thank you my love." I said. 

"By the way, did you keep the shrapnel like I asked you?" He asked. 

"Yep." I said and I got the jar from the table beside his bed and showed it to him. 

"That's a lot." He said.

"Yeah.." I said. He gave it to me and I put it back on the table.

~The following day~

Today is Tony's last stay in the hospital. Rhodey picked us up and he got Tony's bags in his hand. I removed Tony's IV. After I removed it, I put cotton and tape on it. Then, I helped Tony sat on the wheelchair and George pushed him. Tony wore his dark eyeglasses and the three of us began to walk outside. We all walked to the back exit and when we arrived, George helped Tony rode inside the back seat. Rhodey put the bags on the trunk and I saw my Chief surgeon, Dr. Richard, with us. Along with Dr. Bailey, Dr. Burke, Dr. Shepherd (my ex-boyfriend), and the interns of Bailey. I walked near Dr. Richard and he gave me a hug. 

"It's good to have you this past two days." Dr. Richard said.

"Yeah, but I will still hear a lot from you." I said and he chuckled. 

"You will." He said. I went near Bailey and gave her a hug.

"Take care of yourself, Miranda." 

"You too, Y/N. I hope to hear from you soon." 

"You will." I told her and I went near Burke and hugged him. 

"Nice to see you this past two days, snotty." He jokingly said.

"I missed you too, Dumpster." I said and we began laughing. I saw Derek Shepherd beside Burke. I slowly went near him and he hugged me. I hugged him back and then, we immediately broke the hug.

"I hope to see you soon, Y/N." He said.

"You too, Derek." I said and I slowly went near the interns.

"Continue to save people's lives, all right? Help each other." I said.

"Thank you Dr. Y/L/N." They said one at a time. 

"And O'Malley, I hope to see you more often here at my hospital." I said.

"Thank you Dr. Y/L/N." He said. I began walking near the car as I saw Rhodey sat on the shotgun side.

"Richard, take good care of my hospital." I said to him and they chuckled.

"I will. Have a safe trip." He said and I nodded my head. I went inside the car and I turned on the ignition and I honk my horn to them one last time as they waved their hands in farewell. Then, I began to step on the gas pedal and we drove to my hotel. 

"Baby, isn't that Derek Shepherd?" Tony asked. I looked at the rearview mirror and saw him looking at me. Then, I focused on the road and I just chuckled.

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked him.

"I smell someone being jealous over Dr. Shepherd." Rhodey said and I just chuckled. Both Tony and Rhodes knew my past relationship with Derek.

"Shut up Rhodes." Tony began. 

"Babe, don't be jealous. He moved on, and I moved on. I'm happy with what I have right now." I said.

"I am not jealous!!" He said and he suddenly crossed his arms on his chest.

"Babe, control your anger. You just had a major surgery." I said.

"Fine.." He surrendered. Me and Rhodey just laughed at Tony's sudden reaction of defeat.