Tourist Trapped: Part 3

Dipper p.o.v.

"Soos, you've seen Mabel's boyfriend, he's gotta be a zombie right?" I ask and Soos hums in thought before asking "How many brains did you see the guy eat?" I turn to look at (y/n) who shakes her head no and I sigh muttering "Zero." "Look dude, I believe you, I'm always noticing weird stuff in this town. Like the mailman, pretty sure that dude's a werewolf, but you gotta have evidence, otherwise, people are gonna think you're a majorly cuckoo clock." "As always Soos, you're right."

I hear (y/n) speak up as she walks over to us, Soos stating "My wisdom is both a blessing and a curse." "Soos! The portable toilets are clogged again!" We hear Grunkle Stan shout and Soos walks backward out of the room muttering "I am needed elsewhere," My sister could be in trouble, it was time to get some evidence. I rummage around my side of the room until I find what I was looking for: My camera. 

"C'mon (y/n) let's go," I say, gesturing for (y/n) to follow me and her eyes widen, looking a little shocked that I had told her to come along. "You coming?" I ask as I open the door and she nods, we get downstairs when Grunkle Stan steps in our way asking. "Hey, where you two off to?" "Uh...We're going to play outside," I tell him nervously and he looks at me suspiciously before shrugging. "Alright, you can go but (y/n) has to stay here." "What? Why?"

I ask and he says "Because I've got a few shelves she needs to restock." "But-" I try to interject when (y/n) walks up and whispers to me "Go. Get the evidence before it's too late, will you show me later?" She asks and I give her a nod before rushing out the door and start following Mabel and Norman.

First, they headed to the park and started to play frisbee where I recorded and watched Mabel throw the frisbee, it hits Norman in the face, and he faceplants, next, they headed to the diner, and I watch Norman smash the door window to open the door for Mabel as they headed toward their seats. Then they started running around in the graveyard when Norman fell into a half-buried grave, soon digging himself out in a zombie-like fashion. I'd seen enough. I quickly head back to the Mystery Shack and grabbed (y/n) and told her about my findings where we agreed to tell Mabel the truth.

(y/n) p.o.v.

After making sure Mabel had come back from her date, we follow her upstairs to our room and walk in, Dipper telling her "Mabel, we gotta talk about Norman." "Isn't he the best? Check out this giant smooch mark he gave me!"

She exclaims excitedly as she turned to face us and showed the big red mark on her cheek. Dipper and I flinch at the sight. "Haha, gullible, it was just an accident with the leaf blower. That was fun." "No, Mabel, listen! We're trying to tell you that Norman is not what he seems!" Dipper exclaims, pulling out the journal, and she gasps.

"You think he might be a vampire?! That would be so awesome!" She says and I prevent myself from rolling my eyes as Dipper tells her "Guess again sister. Shabam!" He turns over the journal to show her the page and flinches in disgust. My gaze turns to the page to see it was talking about gnomes and I slightly nudge him whispering "Wrong page." "Oh wait...I'm sorry, shabam!" He quickly says, flipping to the right page and Mabel lifts her eyebrow in confusion asking "A zombie? That is not funny you two." 

"We're not joking!" I tell her, putting a little more emphasis in my words than I usually do. "It all adds up, the bleeding, the limp, he never blinks! Have you noticed that?!" Dipper explains and Mabel says "Maybe he's blinking when you're blinking," Dipper tries again to convince her. "Mabel, remember what the book said about Gravity Falls? Trust no one!" "Well, what about me? Huh? Why can't you trust me? And if that's the case why did you trust (y/n) with this? Beep. Bop."

She asks before putting star earrings on. You know I hadn't thought about that, why did Dipper trust me with this, especially after that warning the journal gave, I look to Dipper for an answer but he doesn't address it as he shakes his sister shouting "Mabel! He's gonna eat your brain!"

"Dipper. Listen to me. Norman and I are going on a date at 5 o'clock and I'm gonna be adorable, and he's gonna be dreamy!" Mabel had slowly started to shove us out of the room as Dipper and I tried again to get her to listen. "But-" "And I'm not gonna let you ruin it with one of your crazy conspiracies!" The door is slammed in our faces. "What are we gonna do?" Dipper asks me and I respond with "Maybe...Show me your evidence?" 

With a sigh Dipper nods and we head downstairs to the living room, Dipper's camera in hand when we heard the doorbell ring and we watch Mabel run down pulling on a sweater shouting "Coming! Hey Norman, how do I look?" We hear her ask and we then hear "Shiny." "You always know what to say," Dipper and I turn our heads and watch as the two walk out the door, Dipper letting out another sigh.

Dipper's p.o.v

"Soos is right, I don't have any real evidence, I guess I can become kind of paranoid sometimes," I say glumly the video footage playing when (y/n) opens her mouth to say something but she went quiet. I raise an eyebrow at her when she realizes I had seen her. She starts picking at the lint balls on her clothes as she asks "Dipper...Why did you trust me with this? We barely know each other and the journal did say to trust nobody in Gravity Falls so...why?" Where did this come from? That's when I recall back to what Mabel had said or well asked. 

"I trusted you with this because if you knew anything about the journal you would've done something by now but more importantly you've shown you care about what's going on with my sister which I really appreciate," I tell her, placing my hand on her shoulder and give her a comforting smile. Just as it looked like she was about to give me a smile back, her eyes train to the video and they widen.

"WAIT WHAT?!" She suddenly shouts and I look at the recording confused when she tells me to play it back and I see it: Norman's hand falling off and him putting it back on, causing the chair and in turn us to fall back before we both scrambled to our feet in a panic. "We gotta get Grunkle Stan!" (y/n) shouts, dragging me outside where he was giving one of his tours. "And here we have rock that looks like a face rock. The rock that looks like a face," We hear as we run up. "Does it look like a rock?" Someone asks. "No, it looks like a face." "Is it a face?" "It's a rock that looks like a face!"

"Grunkle Stan! Grunkle Stan!" We shout, trying to get his attention. "For the fifth time, i-it's not an actual face!" 

Mabel's p.o.v.

Norman and I had decided to go for a walk in the woods and I smile. "Finally, we're alone." "Yes, alone," Norman says walking up behind me.

Dipper's p.o.v.

After a few more failed attempts at getting Grunkle Stan's attention, I look to my side to see Wendy parking the golf cart and I drag (y/n) over to it, shouting to get Wendy's attention. "Wendy! Wendy, Wendy! We need to borrow the golf cart so we can save my sister from a zombie!" I shout an explanation to her and she gives us a smirk tossing me the keys with a wink stating "Try not to hit any pedestrians."