Inconveniencing: Part 1

Dipper's p.o.v.

It was a slow day today at the Mystery Shack, with nothing to do I opted to read the journal, (y/n) was tidying up a bit while Mabel spun on the globe on the counter, Wendy at the side reading a magazine. "Mabel, do you believe in ghosts?" I ask when I flipped to a page talking about ghosts. "I believe you're a dork," She jokes, soon laughing so I grab a pencil and stop the globe from spinning causing Mabel to fall down. "Soos! Wendy!" We hear Grunkle Stan shout. "What's up, Mr. Pines?"

Soos asks, standing to attention. "I'm heading out. You two are gonna wash the bathrooms right?" "Yes sir." "Absolutely not." "Haha, you stay out of trouble," Grunkle Stan leaves Wendy walking past me saying "Hry guys, what's this? A secret ladder to the roof?" Wendy pulls back a curtain to reveal a ladder. "Uh...I don't think Mr. Pines would like that," Soos protests. "Can we actually go up there?" I ask, looking up at the hatch. "Sure we can," (y/n) says heading up with Wendy as they chanted "Roof time! Roof time!" 

We go through the hatch and follow Wendy and (y/n) to a side roof with a few chairs, an umbrella, a cooler, and a bucket filled with pine cones. "Check it out," Wendy exclaims proudly. "Woah cool. Did you put all this stuff up here?" I ask as we get on the small roof. "I may or may not sneak up here during work all the time every day." "Usually dragging me along with her,"

(y/n) tells us with a smirk, before walking up and grabbing a pine cone, and throwing it at the totem pole, hitting the target taped on before Wendy joined in. Mabel and I start throwing pine cones as well until one I threw hit a car, causing its alarm to go off. I hiss, my cheeks turning pink, oops.

"Jackpot! High-five!" Wendy says holding her hand out and I stare at her. "Don't leave me hangin'" I high-five her, how is it I never noticed how beautiful and cool Wendy was? "Hey it's my friends," She suddenly says and our attention turns to the car approaching. "Uh...You guys aren't gonna tell Stan about this are you?" Wendy asks and I watch (y/n) zip her mouth shout, before locking it and throwing away the key.

 I smile and do the same thing and she returns us the action. "Later dorks," She says before hopping on a tree as it bends down and she slides off, getting in the car and we watch it drive off. So cool! "Later Wendy! Haha, heh, good times..." I say nervously and my sister gives me a look. "Uh oh." "What?" "Somebody's in love~" She teases, poking me and I shrug it off. "Pfft, yeah right. I just think Wendy's cool ok? It's not like I lay awake at night thinking about her." That night I did the exact thing I said I didn't do. Uh oh.

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

"RANDOM DANCE PARTY FOR NO REASON!" Mabel shouts, turning on the stereo as she and Wendy start dancing while I restocked a few shelves when out the corner of my eye I notice Dipper write on his clipboard I am pretending to write something down. Uh...Ok? He starts nodding at it.

"Dipper! (y/n)!" This spooks him and he almost drops the clipboard. "Uh...Y-yes?" He stutters out. "Aren't you gonna get in on this?" "Be there in a sec!" I tell her, placing the last of the merchandise on the shelf.

"I uh...Don't really dance," Dipper says as I walk over and Mabel scoffs. "Yeah, you do! Mom used to dress him up in a lamb costume and make him do the lamby dance." She emphasizes that last part. "Now is not the time to talk about the lamby dance," Dipper mutters. "A lamb costume?" I ask a little amused and he gives me a nervous look before giving it to Wendy when she asks "What is there like little ears and a tail too?" "Uh..." "Dipper would prance around and sing a song about grazing."

 Mabel continued to explain as she showed us a picture of Dipper in the lamb costume while he tried to signal her to shut up. I giggle at the sight. Adorable. The clock then strikes six. "Hey, look at that! Quittin time! The gang's waitin' for me," She goes to leave when Dipper stops her. "Uh hey wait! Maybe I could- or we could come with you?" "Oh I dunno, my friends are pretty intense. How old did you guys say you are?" "We're 13! So technically a teen."

I make a confused face, didn't Grunkle Stan say they were the same age as me? I watch him give Wendy a nervous smile. Oh, I get it he's trying to be cool around her. "Come on Wendy, you let me hang out with your friends all the time, give them a chance, we can show them how to have some real fun."

I vouch and Wendy shrugs. "Alright, I like your moxy kid, especially if (y/n)'s vouchin' for ya. Let me get my stuff," Once Wendy walked off Mabel asked "Since when are we 13? Is this a leap year?" "Come on Mabel! This is our chance to hang out with the cool kids...And Wendy and whatever-" "I knew it! You love her!" Mabel shouts before chanting the word love, I repress myself from making a face, isn't she a little old for him? Well, it's not like telling him that will actually help... "Oh hey! What's that?" Dipper tricks his sister and while she wasn't looking he flipped her hair in her face with a smirk.

We walk outside to see everyone playing in the belly game. Basically, Thompson was held upside down and you have to throw a jelly bean in his belly button. The guys chant while Robbie prepares his shot when a jelly bean hits the target, everyone looked at Wendy when they realized Robbie didn't throw the jelly bean. "WENDY!" The guys shout happily and Wendy introduces the twins. "Hey, guys, these are my pals from work Mabel and Dipper and you all already know (y/n)." 

"Hey guys," I say with a shy wave. "Woah the kid must be done with her emo phase," Nate says, causing Tambry to shove him. Besides Wendy, Tambry had always been the one I got along with best. "I chewed my gum so it looks like a brain!" Mabel excitedly exclaims sticking her tongue out to show the gum. "She's not much for first impressions, unlike this guy!" Dipper says, pointing at himself, and everyone stares at him. "This guy," He tries again to no avail.