Into The Bunker: Part 4

Dipper's p.o.v.

Wendy and I are led to where the author had been staying, which was just a dead end and he apologizes for the place. "Come in, come in, I apologize for the state of things. I don't get many non-mold -ey visitors. Now the beast must have some weakness that we can exploit. I used to have my research on me but alas I lost my journals so many years ago."

"Did you say journals?" Wendy asks and I excitedly tell him "Dude I found one of them! It's how I tracked you down here," I hand him the journal asking "So is the other author down here with you?!" "Could it be? My boy, I can't express my gratitude. Oh! Right the other author I'm afraid she isn't with me, we got separated tracking the monster and I haven't see ner since. Oh yes, after all these years..." He flips through the pages of the journal.

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

I worriedly rush into the lab calling out for Wendy and Dipper. No response. "Aw, it's so dark, how will we ever find them?" Soos asks, trying to look around. "Leave that to Mabel," Mabel says, pressing her sweater and it lights up. "Woah rad! Although, isn't electric clothing kind of like a fire hazard?" (Yes.) "No, it's a fun hazard, now let me light the way!" (Also yes.) She takes off running into a tunnel and we follow after her, Soos shouting "We're coming for you dudes!"

Dipper's p.o.v.

The author was still looking over his journal and while it is disappointing I won't get to meet the other author, at least we found one of them! I turn to Wendy, expressing my excitement. "Wendy, isn't it awesome actually meeting the real author?" Wendy who had been examining a can lets out a small gasp before whispering "Dipper, look!" I look at the can and my eyes widen, one of the mascots for the product was Baron Num-Nums, the main character with a pet dog, which means this wasn't one of the authors.

We exchange worried looks and I cautiously approach whoever this was. "Uh, you know what? We should probably get going can I have my journal back?" I nervously ask and the guy turns his head all the way around like an owl stating "You're not going anywhere," He climbs up the tunnel walls, spider legs sprouting out of its's body as it lets out a shriek. It's the shapeshifter!

The shapeshifter reverts back to its original form and if I could think of one word to describe it, it would be disfigured. "How do you like my true form? Admit it, you like it." "You! What did you do to the real authors?!" I demanded he tells me with an accusing glare. "You'll likely never find them. That six-fingered nerd and six-finger nerd-loving nerd haven't been themselves in five years. But I do thank you for bringing me their journal. They used to write in it while I was in my cage. So many wonderful forms to take," He starts shifting into all the creatures described in the journal and I whisper "We've gotta get that journal back."

"Hey, body snatcher! Snatch this!" Wendy throws a can at it and it turns into a giant three-eyed toad, soon plunging its tongue at us. Wendy grabs a piece of scrap metal, using it as a shield before letting go, causing it to slap the shapeshifter in the face and drop the journal. I quickly grab it and we take off. "Run! Run! Run!"

The shapeshifter starts chasing us when we come to a crossroad, in a panic I toss the flashlight we had found down the other tunnel while Wendy and I hid in the other one. We start running down the tunnel when we crash into something. "Dudes!" "Dipper! Wendy!" We hear Soos and the girls exclaim happily. "Mabel, (y/n), Soos!" I say happily before a thought dawns on me. "Wait careful. How do we know they're not the shapeshifter. "Maybe I am. Mabel, (y/n), inspect my shape," Soos says, lifting up his shirt and Mabel pokes him. "Poke." "Do that again." "Poke," (y/n) shakes her head in amusement at the two before staring directly at me and stating "Hey Dipper...No." 

"It's definitely them. And yes!" I say before directing my yes at (y/n). "No." "Yes." We start arguing again when out of the corner of my eye I notice Wendy bleeding. "Oh my gosh, Wendy you're bleeding." "It's cool, it's cool. It's just blood man, don't freak out." "What happened?" Mabel asked and Wendy explains. "We got attacked by the shapeshifter. He broke out of his cage, pretended to be one of the authors, and wants Dipper and (y/n)'s journal," She rips off the sleeve of her jacket to bandage her knee.