Carpet Diem: Part 2

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

Dipper said as the twins look up at him, he gives me a glance and I shrug before he starts to laugh. "And I want a pair of magic money pants, it's not gonna happen." "Magic money pants?" Mabel questions, not understanding the sarcasm. "Come on Grunkle Stan can't we work something out?"

Dipper asks and he points out what I had thought. "Look kid, there's my room and then the attic. That's it. What do you think there's some kind of secret hidden room in the shack?" I mean there was the room you hid all those wax figures in but once that was cleared out you turned it into your office. Suddenly there was a crashing sound down the hall as Soos shouts "Dude, I found some hidden room in the shack!" Ok then, guess there's an extra room...I frown at the idea of one of the twins moving into the new room. All three of us had fun in that room, it's what made the attic fun.

We all run down the hall to see a fancy wooden door with carved designs and two painted circles and leaves, almost like a geometrical flower, it reminded me of the kind of door you'd put for a child's room. "So I was cleaning up behind this bookcase when boom! Mystery door! This old shack is full of secrets," Soos explains before opening the door to reveal a big dusty room. First, look in and you instantly see a fireplace filled with oddball things, on the floor was a large blue carpet with a yellow swirl in the middle. To the left of the mantle, there was a large chest with once again had designs on it that made me think it belonged in a kid's room.

There were two doors on the left. One shut and the other cracked open to reveal a bathroom, a clock hanging above with a candle holder to the left. On the left side of the door, we enter was a short dresser drawer, a holder on top, holding all sorts of bottles and containers a shelf above it with the same things.

To the right was a long sofa couch, above it a boarded-up stained-glass window. At the end of the couch near the door was a bedside table with a lamp and another clock. And to the right of the door we entered was another bedside table, above a calendar that marked back to 5-6 years ago which caught Dipper's attention.

We all start to look around the room. Mabel went to the dresser and blew the dust off a picture frame. I peer over her shoulder to see it was a photo of a baby, being held in a female's arms, the picture didn't show who the female was. "Experiment 78? Grunkle Stan, what is this place?" Dipper asks, looking at the tag on the carpet. "I dunno, just another room I gotta clean up now." "This carpet is amazing!" Mabel exclaims, making a carpet angel. "Yeah if you're into things that are terrible."

Grunkle Stan mutters as we continue to explore the room. I go to the chest and open it up and look inside to find toys ranging from the baby department to kid's toys. There were dolls, cars, building blocks, coloring books,  toy rings, a baby guitar, a baby piano, etc. "I think this was a kid's room or at least a playroom for a kid," I say, as I dug through the chest some more. "What makes you say that?" Dipper asks walking up and I hand him a toy stating "This chest is filled with toys for a kid ranging from a baby to our age." "There's books and baby clothes in here! But for who?" Mabel asks, surfing through the dresser.

Getting up I walk over to the closed door to reveal it was a closet. Inside it was filled with all kinds of stuff, a crib, pillows, walkers, rockers, just a lot of stuff you'd have for a baby or a toddler. Whoever lived here before Grunkle Stan moved in was raising a child and this was the child's room or it used to be. Did the authors of the journal live here at one point? Did they have a kid? What happened to them? I continue to look around the closet when my eyes train on a blue and pink blanket.

Grabbing it I look it over and my eyes widen to find my name embroidered on the blanket in the corner. No way...Is it possible?! "I...I think this used to be my room..." I mutter staring down at the blanket. "No, your room has always been the attic, kid. It has been for the last 5 years." "I mean before you became my guardian, I think I used to live here at one point before..." "Why's that?" "This blanket has my name embroidered on it," I exclaim showing the blanket. "So you knew who used to live here?"

 Mabel asked as the twins walked up and peeked inside the closet as well. "For all I know I could've lived here with the authors...They could be my parents or at the very least have been my previous guardians..." I whisper only loud enough for the twins to hear. "Here lemme see that," Grunkle Stan says, grabbing the blanket.

Grunkle Stan's p.o.v.

We had entered the room and the first thing I noticed besides that terrible rug was a bedside tale hiding behind the door. On it was two pairs of glasses, one for a male and one for a female. Quickly I grab them before the kids can see them and tuck them away in my suit. After looking around some more (y/n) opens a closet filled with a bunch of baby stuff and eventually pulls out a blue and pink blanket with her name embroidered on it. "I...I think this used to be my room..." "No, your room has always been the attic, kid. It has been for the last 5 years." "I mean before you became my guardian, I think I used to live here at one point before..." "Why's that?" "This blanket has my name embroidered on it." "Here lemme see that."

I grab the blanket out of her hands and look it over, my thumb grazing over the embroidered name and I slightly frown. It looked just like her handwriting, neat, readable, with slight cursive. I grip the blanket harder as guilt starts to wash over me. "Problem solved! I'll move in here!" Dipper says, waving the key as his sister asks "What?! Why do you automatically get the room? We both saw it at the same time," This grabs my attention as I place the blanket back in the closet and grab the key from Dipper's hand stating:

"Wait a second, so you both want this room huh? I guess I'll give it to whichever one of you I like more, that is if (y/n) doesn't want her room back," We all turn to her and she shakes her head, crossing her arms stating "No, I'm happy with the room I've got," The twins turn back to me to see what I'd do. Testing to see if they were willing to go along with this I bend down and untie my shoe. "Uh oh, looks like my shoe's untied," The two instantly jump on my foot and start fighting each other to tie the shoe.

I chuckle to myself as I run out of the room shouting "To the kitchen! Fight! Fight! Fight!" In the kitchen, the two start jabbing each other while I told them the rules. "Alright kids, here's how it's gonna go down: Whoever sucks up the hardest gets the key to the new room." "Grunkle Stan we're not gonna suck up to you just to get the new room," Dipper tells me, putting his hands on his hips as Mabel instantly jumped up saying "Yeah we are!"

"Ten suck-up points for Mabel." "I mean uh...Yeah, we are," Dipper says nervously. "Trying too hard. Minus 15 suck-up points." "What?!" "Good decision Grunkle Stan!" "Trying way too hard plus 50 suck-up points," I delibretly side with Mabel and give her suck-up points. This'll be a great new training exercise for him to be stronger, so he'll fight back and be the pillar he's been trying to be for (y/n). He may think he's fooling people with that "crush" on Wendy but it ain't workin' on me.

"Now, who wants to retile the roof in searing 105 degree heat?" They both nod their heads as Dipper grabs the bucket and runs outside, his sister high on his heels. "Hehe, Stan you're a good uncle," I pat myself on the shoulder when my thoughts train to (y/n) who hadn't followed out and I pat my shoulder again. "And an even better father-figure," Once those two retiled the roof, they ask for more chores and I get the two to mow the lawn while I sat on the porch with a glass of lemonade and watched. I catch Dipper stopping to wipe away sweat and I point out, hoping to earn a reaction from him. "Dipper! You're phoning it in!" No such luck, he just gets back to work. "Man that's refreshing, ten suck-up points for this lemonade," I make the lemonade say thank you. "Ten more for politness, oh ho and so sweet."