Carpet Diem: Part 1

(y/n)'s p.o.v.

Mabel, Dipper, and I were playing minigolf in our room, we had built the course from whatever we could find in the shack. We watch as the plastic eye rolls into the cup, as Mabel starts to cheer. "Woo! Total domination! I am the master of attic stuff minigolf!" She then gestures to our crazy course that covered the entire room. "From the mighty swiss south to the badlands of Dipper's old laundry where the man fears to tread!" She exclaims, gesturing to each hole, it had taken us a whole week to built a nine-hole course that we could re-arrange into different courses.

Dipper steps up to the tee and places his ball, lining up his shot stating "Alright let a pro on the field or floor whatever..." He starts the swinging position and hits the ball too hard as it began to bounce all over the room and we watch it shatter through the glass window connected to my bed before we heard Grunkle Stan start shouting. "Ow, my head! It hit me right in the head!" "Yes! Stan shot! Is that legal?" We turn to Waddles who was eating the scorecard. "The judges say it's out of bounds," Dipper pokes Mabel with his club. "You're out of bounds!" We start poking each other with our clubs. Just as I walk up to the tee and raise my club, pointing it at the hole to line up my shot, Mabel's alarm clock starts to ring and she hands over her club. "Hey, you two I gotta go hang out with Candy and Grenda tonight."

"Again? You can't leave mid-game!" I exclaim as we watch her grab a few things. "Don't be silly, I'm not leaving. My friends are coming to me!" She points at herself and my eyes, along with Dipper's widen as he asks "Wait what? Oh no...No, no, no! Sleeping bags?" We eye the sleeping bags before out of the corner of my eye I see Mabel pull out a few movies. 

"Rom-coms?" I question when we both see the board game sitting on her bed and we ask in unison "Calling all teens pre-teens edition?!" "You're not having a-" Dipper was cut off when the door opens to reveal Candy and Grenda shouting "Sleepover!"

 Dipper and I let out a shriek. Not that there was anything wrong with sleepovers but Mabel's sleepovers usually get out of hand and are way too girly for me. For most of the night Dipper and I were able to avoid them but eventually, we went to our room for bed to find the three, still up and gossiping. We both groan as we get into our beds and try to go to sleep only for the girls gossiping to keep us up later than we ever intended to. The current topic? Boys. "So, how much do you like boys?" "So much!" "Boys make me think about kissing!" Candy squeals, causing Grenda to pound her fists on the floor.

"Candy! Oh my gosh!" "We are so crazy tonight!" All three start screeching while Grenda, continued to pound her fists into the floor. "Who wants to smear make-up on my face?" "Ugh, you're already so beautiful Grenda, what would be the point?"

 "Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!" Dipper snaps as he throws his pillow on the bed and gets up. "Mabel! Do you think you could do this somewhere else?! You're laughing at frequencies only dogs should hear!" "Please! We're trying to sleep," I say, sitting up as the girls give each other a look, Grenda asking:

"You know what those two need?" "A make-over?" Our eyes widen at the products as we were tackled, held against our will, and given a make-over. Grabbing our stuff we walk out, unsure of where we were going to sleep tonight when we spot Soos. "Hey, Soos? Can we sleep in your break room tonight?" "Of course dudes," He opens the door to reveal a small room filled with steam pipes and the power circuit. "You just gotta make your bodies like a video game puzzle block," He then demonstrates by positioning his body to fit inside. "The trick is to hold perfectly still," He rests his arm on a pipe, burning his arm. 

We really need to get him a better break room. "I think we'll sleep somewhere else," Dipper says as we walk off, we go into the living room to find Grunkle Stan asleep in the chair so we couldn't sleep here and we weren't allowed in his room so we decided to spend the night under the stars. "Sleeping under the stars, not bad..." Dipper mutters as we get comfortable when we heard a growl.

Sitting up we see a wolf gnawing at Dipper's leg. "Get off! Getaway!" We try to shoo it away when the girls screaming could be heard. We peer up at the glass stained window to see them blasting music while singing into hairbrushes.

"This is still better," Dipper says laying back down. The next morning we both wake up extremely tired and walk into our room to find it a mess. Mabel sleeping on the floor with a movie case covering her face, Candy duct-taped to the wall, and Grenda nowhere in sight. "What happened last night?" Mabel asks as she got up before spotting her friend on the wall.  "What's up party gurl?" The closet opens to reveal Grenda, her face covered in smooch marks. "I don't know what I was kissing in there but I have no regrets!" "Candy falls down now." "That was awesome girls! See you again soon," The two leave and we walk over to the nearest bed which was Dipper's, and collapse into it.

"Hey, brother! (y/n)! Either of you want any of this leftover pizza? It's got glitter on it!" "Mabel, last night a wolf was gnawing on Dipper's leg and an owl tried to eat my tongue," I mumble grabbing Dipper's blanket and wrapping myself in it, ready to actually get some sleep. "That's great!" Dipper suddenly sits up shouting "No! It's not great! This!" He gestures to the now messy room as I sit up, guess sleep will have to wait. "Is impossible to live with!" 

"What? I'm delightful to live with! Get ready to be poked by the fun stick!" She grabs a stick and starts poking me and Dipper with it. I slap it out of her hand, that hurt. "Mabel we've had it with the fun stick! You've totally wrecked our room!" I nod in agreement, looking around the place when I see broken bits of our golf course and I pick it up exclaiming "Oh no! Our mini-golf course! It's utterly destroyed!"

"Yeah, Grenda sure loves breaking things," Mabel shrugs it off with a chuckle as I point out "It took us a week to build it all just so the course could be re-arrangeable!" "Mabel we need to lay down some ground rules if we're going to be living in this room together. First of all no sleepovers," Mabel gasps asking "What?! Well if I can't have sleepovers then you and (y/n) can't keep me up all night with your Summer reading." "How does reading keep you up?" Dipper asks as I suck in my teeth, Dipper and I liked to mumble a lot while reading our mystery books and would often tell each other what's going on in the book we're reading and theorize.

Dipper also liked to click his pen while thinking. "Well, at least my braces don't whistle when I breathe." "At least I wash my clothes once in a while." "Washing clothes is a waste of time! I'm a busy guy!" The two start arguing as I look between the two unsure how to get them to stop. "Meow, meow, meow, meow, meow!" "Alright if you meow one more time!" "Meow, meow, meow!" "Ok! That's it! That's the final straw! Maybe we shouldn't share a room anymore!" That clearly struck a nerve with Mabel as she started to look unsure before recovering stating "Well maybe we shouldn't!" "Fine by me!" "Double fine by me!" "Then we need to talk to Grunkle Stan about moving rooms," The two continued arguing as I stood there in slight shock. 

"Yeah, he's a reasonable guy," Mabel exclaims as I lightly shake my head. Every Summer Grunkle Stan went through this phase where everything he watched had to be a fight so even if he somehow was willing to give the two another room, which I don't think we have, he'd force the two to fight over it. We walk into the living room just as he changed the channel, soon shouting excitedly "Fight! Fight! Fight! Tv...It knows what I want." "Grunkle Stan, we want different rooms!"